Bellamine

Discussions about the rest of the college sports world
stuball888

Bellamine

Post by stuball888 »

So Bellamine wins the ASun conference tournament but will not go to the NCAA tournament. After beating Jacksonville State 54-51. They are ineligable because they are in year 2 of a transition from d2 to d1. They need 4 yeas to be eligable. This sucks for their players. That rule has to change.
EvanJ

Re: Bellamine

Post by EvanJ »

It's Bellarmine.

What I don't like is that Bellarmine beat Jacksonville (not Jacksonville State) in the Final, but the automatic bid went to regular season champion Jacksonville State. I think Jacksonville should have gotten the automatic bid for being the top conference tournament team that was eligible for the NCAA Tournament. Jacksonville State is in Jacksonville, Alabama, and they joined the Atlantic Sun, which already had Jacksonville.
jezzyeff

Post by jezzyeff »

big fan of bellarmine basketball and their coach scott davenport. listened to the basketball podcast episode a handful times, such a refreshing approach. great to see their schedule for 2022-23 includes the big guys again with games vs duke, ucla and kentucky. some of my favorite games of the entire season. they often lose but you can tell that coaches at big teams respect the way they play.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Bellarmine opened this season with a win at Louisville last night. Their program is off to a good start, it seems. They are in their third year of a four-year wait before they can qualify for the NCAA tourney. Could be the second straight year they win the ASun tourney and don't go dancing. The NCAA has to change that rule.