WRHU Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
WRHU Sports

Re: WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Tonight on "The Locker Room" Mark Weiner and Nick Valastro speak with Hofstra Men's Basketball PG Juan'ya Green about the upcoming season. Then we will discuss what we expect for the upcoming year for both the Pride and the rest of the CAA. Tune in at 8 on 88.7 FM WRHU.
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Would love to hear this, but can't find it archived anywhere... Where can we listen to this now?
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

We are working on a way to archive our audio online, but right now it is not posted anywhere.

Tonight on "The Locker Room" Mark Weiner & Nick Valastro will speak with WLAX Head Coach Shannon Smith and Former WBB star Lizanne Murphy. Also, Mark will be live on Periscope during the show for a behind the scenes look at TLR. Follow him on Twitter @MarkWeiner_ to watch. The hosts will take questions about Hofstra Sports from Periscope and Twitter during the show. Tune in at 8 on 88.7 FM WRHU and WRHU.org.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Thanks for the update and that is exciting about the archive feature in development. Keep up the great work and continue keeping us posted on here about upcoming guests/broadcast schedules.
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

We are proud to announce that we now have a website for our archived interviews. Partnering with GoHofstra.com we can now bring you our content soon after it airs in an online form. Here is the link with a few exciting interviews already posted:

gohofstra.com/WRHUInterviews

We hope you enjoy!
HU87

Post by HU87 »

Great stuff guys!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Long overdue but much appreciated. Thanks guys. Great work.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Awesome work getting that set up! This will allow more people to listen to your great work.
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Tonight on "The Locker Room" Mark Weiner and Connor Giblin speak with Softball Head Coach Larissa Anderson about her team's run to the CAA Title. Also, Mark has a report from Men's Basketball practice. Tune in at 8 on 88.7 FM WRHU.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Guys ask Larrissa why Katlin Dent left the program.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Congrats to WRHU for being named Princeton Review's #1 college radio station for the second straight year!
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

ProudofPride wrote:Congrats to WRHU for being named Princeton Review's #1 college radio station for the second straight year!
Well earned!
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

WRHU will be having our annual basketball preview show at a special time this year! Tune in this Friday at 6pm for the 2015 Hofstra Basketball Preview Show. It all starts with "The Locker Room" from 6-7 where Director of Athletics Jeff Hathaway will join the program to discuss the upcoming basketball season and all the other sports. Then between 7-9 Mark Weiner and Chris Buckley speak with Joe Mihalich, Juan'ya Green, Ameen Tanksley, Brian Bernardi, Rokas Gustys and the MBB assistants. From 9-11 Nick Valastro and Anthony Santaniello speak with Krista Kilburn Steveskey, Kelly Loftus, Krystal Luciano, Anje White, Ashunae Durant and the WBB assistants. Finally from 11-12 all four hosts return to predict the upcoming season for Hofstra Basketball.

Please tune in Friday from 6-12 on 88.7FM WRHU, WRHU.org and gohofstra.com
WRHU Sports

Post by WRHU Sports »

Hey there Dutchmen Fans! WRHU Sports is beginning a new year including a brand new Social Media movement. Our new management team hopes to build up the brand of WRHU Sports and Hofstra Pride Athletics as a whole. I'll be updating this every Monday Morning in the future with every broadcast we'll be having along with the WRHU members on the call and the outlets it will be broadcast on.

Some games will be preempted to online channels due to New York Islander games.

Games on GoHofstra.com can be found via the specific game preview page. WRHU.org is self-explanatory - go there and click the orange banner where it says, "Listen Live" and then choose which device you are listening on. The "Hofstra Alternative Web Channel (HAWC)" is at http://hawc.streamwrhu.net/newPlayer/?hawc

THERE WILL BE A NEW APP SOON. Our illustrious tech-whiz Marc Silverman has developed a new WRHU App which will be available in the Apple App Store in the coming weeks once approved by the upper management and I will let you know when it is available. It will provide a HAWC stream and an 88.7FM stream and is very fancy, we are all very excited.

All that being said, I hope you all love our broadcasts and I will make sure this is updated regularly and of course, as the most dedicated Pride fans out there, let us know of any feedback you think could help us make your listening experience better!

This week:

Thursday 1/14/16
Men's Basketball v. Drexel
7pm (6:45 Pregame) – Hofstra Alternatice Web Channel and Pride Productions featuring WRHU Sports Audio (due to Islanders Broadcast)
PxP: Chris Buckley
Color: Connor Giblin
Sideline: Tiffany Vellis
Studio Host: Gio Annatelli

Friday 1/15/16
Women's Basketball @ UNCW
11:30am (11:15am Pregame) – 88.7 WRHU and WRHU.org
PxP: Nick Valastro
Color: Matt Durant
Host: Mark Weiner

Saturday 1/16/16
Men's Basketball v. James Madison University
4pm – 88.7 WRHU and WRHU.Org
PxP: Mark Weiner
Color: Tiffany Vellis
Sideline: Chris Buckley
Host: Matt Durant

Sunday 1/17/16
Women's Basketball v. William & Mary
1pm – Hofstra Alternatice Web Channel
PxP: Connor Giblin
Color: Nick Valastro
Sideline: Tiffany Vellis
Host: Bryan Clark

Sunday 1/17/16
Wrestling v. Binghamton
1:00pm - GoHofstra.Com
PxP: Ryan LaFaye
Color: Gio Annatelli

Roar with Pride!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

I wish Hofstra athletics did not have to take a back seat to the Islanders, the Italian music program, and the Irish show. I just want to turn on 88.7 in my car and hear our games. I don't want to have to go to HAWC or the Connecticut station.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Jojo I dont understand why the Islanders still use WRHU if they are in Brookjlyn. You cant even pick up the signal on the belt parkway at Flatbush ave. They will be back on the island in 3 years. I am sure there is also money involved with Hofstra sports taking a backseat. I guess we have to wait until we can get the HAWC on our car radios. I am sure it will come soon.More cars will have wifi soon so it will be a moot point.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Hopefully the new app will somewhat solve that problem. If the Islanders are on WRHU, it would be nice if the app has the option to listen to the HAWC. Then we can just listen to that on a smartphone in the car. Although currently you can pull up the Pride Productions audio and get the same effect. Not a complete fix to the problem since that does use data and regular radio does not, but it's an option, at least.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: Jojo I dont understand why the Islanders still use WRHU if they are in Brookjlyn.
The reason is that the area has three NHL teams and no major radio station wants to broadcast the Islanders. Before they went to WRHU, there was a time when the Islanders didn't have radio announcers and the radio had the same audio as the TV. Given the Islanders low attendance and lack of a playoff series win for over 20 years, I can't blame radio stations for not being interested, and I'm an Islanders fan.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Hey WRHU guys, please ask JM what the thinking was behind replacing Rokas with DB when he fouled out - that is a fair and legit question that needs answering
Cards

Post by Cards »

hey polito - I was at the game with my high school daughter (who plays ball) - at that moment in the game, she leans over to me and says "how come DB is in there on D and playing down low.....he's gonna get killed".