Flo Sports SUCKS!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID80

Flo Sports SUCKS!

Post by HUSID80 »

Don’t know how many of you subscribe, but Flo is the worst. I need to refresh or re-log in every time they go to a commercial…the screen flashes with a screen shot of the ad and no amount of working brings the game back so I login again.

Also on many occasions the Flo entry screen keeps running while the game has already begun.

CAA FIRE THEM and let’s go to ESPEN, which I hear is the plan moving forward. Can’t wait.
triplec2195

Re: Flo Sports SUCKS!

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID80 wrote:Don’t know how many of you subscribe, but Flo is the worst. I need to refresh or re-log in every time they go to a commercial…the screen flashes with a screen shot of the ad and no amount of working brings the game back so I login again.

Also on many occasions the Flo entry screen keeps running while the game has already begun.

CAA FIRE THEM and let’s go to ESPEN, which I hear is the plan moving forward. Can’t wait.
This is so true I get the ad in a PIP format while the game plays in the same format. Two small screens and I notice that replays constantly pause every few minutes very annoying and to think we're paying for this crap.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

This is the CAA for you No TV contract and FLO sports is a disaster that theyvmakecus pay fir
The CAA better get a regional contact for next year
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Try using the app on your phone and casting to the TV, rather than using the app directly on your roku or tv. That works the best for me.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: This is the CAA for you No TV contract and FLO sports is a disaster that theyvmakecus pay fir
The CAA better get a regional contact for next year
On CSNBBS somebody said they have a contract with Flo next season.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:Try using the app on your phone and casting to the TV, rather than using the app directly on your roku or tv. That works the best for me.
That's the way that I use it and get that commercial while the game is live.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

HUSID80 wrote:Don’t know how many of you subscribe, but Flo is the worst. I need to refresh or re-log in every time they go to a commercial…the screen flashes with a screen shot of the ad and no amount of working brings the game back so I login again.

I hope this is true with ESPN. FloSports is garbage, and tbh, a bit too expensive for what it is. ESPN+ is cheaper, and a much better service.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

I stopped subscribing to Flo Sports awhile ago - not worth it - agree lets go to ESPN - I think they are great and well worth the subscription
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:

I stopped subscribing to Flo Sports awhile ago - not worth it - agree lets go to ESPN - I think they are great and well worth the subscription

Can't see all the away games and if you can't get to a game how else can you watch them?? They suck but the only choice we have now.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I know its the only way to watch but you almost have to be nuts to put up with all the rebooting and jiggering to watch...have to figure no more than a handful of Hofstra fans put up with this.
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

I don't love Flo, but i don't seem to have as many problems i guess. I run mine through the roku app thats built into my smart tv.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

This is all interesting to me. I watch the 'old-fashioned" way - streaming on my laptop, no TV. And I have none of these issues.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I connect via laptop and then HDMI cable to big screen TV. Most of the season has been fine with no issues. Last few games have been horrific! After time outs they go back and show the last 2-3 minutes of play that I already watched. At one point on Saturday, I saw the same 2-3 minutes of play 3 times. When it came back live, they had missed several minutes of live play and I had no idea of what had taken place. Awful!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Funny how everyone's experiences are different yet mostly poor.

I stream the games on my IPad usually as it works better than my pc.

Still have a wide variety of problems.

And another thing, why can't CBSSN shoot our games in high def...their telecasts look like they are out of the 80's LOL!
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

I've been watching exclusively on my laptop - THE REPLAY ONLY - Don't know the score and have had NO ISSUES - In fact I can hit the 15 second icon to fast forward through the commercials and half time. Once again - NO ISSUES and can watch game in an hour 15-20 mins without missing a play.