Stony Brook Got 13 Games on SNY Including Hosting Us

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Stony Brook Got 13 Games on SNY Including Hosting Us

Post by EvanJ »

https://stonybrookathletics.com/news/20 ... tests.aspx says SNY will show 6 Men's games (2 America East) and 7 Women's games (5 America East). That includes hosting us on Wednesday December 8 at 7:00 P.M. Stony Brook is the first team to be picked first in the America East in Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball since Boston University in 2010-2011.
stuball888

Re: Stony Brook Got 13 Games on SNY Including Hosting Us

Post by stuball888 »

So why cant our school do something like this? Where is our AD ?
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I count 8 ooc games nationally broadcast. Much better exposure there than paying crappy sny (and I'm a mets fan) to broadcast locally. At least 3 more caa games on CBS, probably more. Yeah, I wish all were, but we're more recognized than sb, and it's decent coverage. Fact is, we get more attention nationally than locally, both on air and in print. I guess we need to send more donuts to the press room at newsday.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Polito

Post by Polito »

Joe the only reason those games are being broadcast 'nationally' is because of the OTHER team lol - literally nothing to do with HU's admin or the CAA. Although I like SNY, I fully agree national is always better, but the point stands, HU and the CAA's TV deals are extremely poor. And has been for a long time now - as much as I hated Yeager's enormous bias towards VA, I have to admit he was tremendous at being a national advocate for the CAA.

The CAA "leadership" is a joke and should all be sent packing.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Yes, the CAA management sucks, but Stony Brook is not on our level and we shouldn't even mention them in the same sentence as us. I'm sure their sny games won't draw flies. It's a non sequitur. I'd rather watch corn hole than SBU hoops. That's my point... SBU is a low major, and when they pick us off, its like they won the super bowl

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk