2020-2021 Bracketology

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

2020-2021 Bracketology

Post by EvanJ »

It's okay to type the CAA team even if it isn't us, and you can use whatever sites you find. Beating Richmond was not enough to move us above 15 in Joe Lunardi's bracket. Richmond dropped from 8 to 11 in the First Four.
Hof_Judge99

Re: 2020-2021 Bracketology

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

We only got two votes in the mid major top 25 just to show ya how little the Richmond win did to move the proverbial needle. We’ll have to earn respect in conference play.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Also of note Stony Brook getting 5 votes and Drexel also getting 2. We are a work in progress and have to replace our two leading scorers and it's really more then scoring we're replacing. This will take time and we're really not dealing with a lot of time.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Frankly I think this is also reflective of the major lack of respect the CAA has overall. This conf has zero shine. Part of that is because this conf has sunk into irrelevancy and the majority of the league doesn't win big games and has done nothing in the NCAAT since the VA 3. That was a LONG time ago.

The other part is a complete lame duck leadership staff that does no lobbying and apparently has no understanding of exposure.

Yeager was as southern biased as they come, but that man knew the importance of promotion and marketing, and to his credit sang this conf's praises from the rooftops of the world almost to the point of annoyance. Sigh, I hate that I actually miss that lol.

But this admin group is straight up pitiful.

It's a long climb up for the CAA in present day, and I think it will be up to the individual program, HU in our case, to do so on their own. On that front I have to say I'm really encouraged and proud of the social media efforts from the HU athletics team. They do a really good job of self promotion - and because the CAA people are in a mental coma, they'll have to continue to do so at a very high level.

The best, and fastest, way to relevancy is to make noise in the NCAAT. Sure fire. And I think HU has a continued great chance / opp to be that program.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Polito wrote:Frankly I think this is also reflective of the major lack of respect the CAA has overall. This conf has zero shine. Part of that is because this conf has sunk into irrelevancy and the majority of the league doesn't win big games and has done nothing in the NCAAT since the VA 3. That was a LONG time ago.

The other part is a complete lame duck leadership staff that does no lobbying and apparently has no understanding of exposure.

Yeager was as southern biased as they come, but that man knew the importance of promotion and marketing, and to his credit sang this conf's praises from the rooftops of the world almost to the point of annoyance. Sigh, I hate that I actually miss that lol.

But this admin group is straight up pitiful.

It's a long climb up for the CAA in present day, and I think it will be up to the individual program, HU in our case, to do so on their own. On that front I have to say I'm really encouraged and proud of the social media efforts from the HU athletics team. They do a really good job of self promotion - and because the CAA people are in a mental coma, they'll have to continue to do so at a very high level.

The best, and fastest, way to relevancy is to make noise in the NCAAT. Sure fire. And I think HU has a continued great chance / opp to be that program.
Polito I agree with you wholeheartedly re: the CAA but the fact that Stony Brook gets more votes than us is a joke! Did they not see our game vs. them????
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I was just looking at S.B. schedule and they're 4-0 in conference play beating Binghamton twice and U Mass-Lowell twice. These two teams have a combined record of 3-12. For S.B. to get more votes then us is ludicrous and the America East is really a joke beyond Vermont do they really have any teams that are worth even wasting your breath on?? Ugh!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

It doesn't make sense that Lunardi didn't move us for winning at Richmond and moved us up 2 to 13 after two unimpressive margins. Moving us 15-13-13 would have made more sense than 15-15-13 like he did. He has us getting a rematch with Rutgers. He has Villanova vs. Stony Brook as a 1 vs. 16 game.