2021 NCAA Tourney

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

2021 NCAA Tourney

Post by triplec2195 »

I hope that Indiana will be kind to us. https://www.wrtv.com/sports/entire-2021 ... in-indiana What better place to play basketball then in HOOSIER LAND!!
Polito

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney

Post by Polito »

I was just about to post on this, great job tc! Here is the NCAA announcement:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ampionship

Gonna be one helluva event logistics job - pretty awesome for the city of Indianapolis, they're going through a bit of a resurgence, nice to see during these wild times - would LOVE to attend, but most important is for HU to get there!!
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Polito wrote:I was just about to post on this, great job tc! Here is the NCAA announcement:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ampionship

Gonna be one helluva event logistics job - pretty awesome for the city of Indianapolis, they're going through a bit of a resurgence, nice to see during these wild times - would LOVE to attend, but most important is for HU to get there!!
Polito you gotta hit up a conference tourney before you can go to the dance my man. Would be awesome to go to though. Love Indy. Went there for Jets/Colts playoff game in '10
Polito

Post by Polito »

Didn't know you missed me! lol :P

Just FYI though, I have actually been to many over my 25 years following. Both AE and CAA. Always had a good time with the crew. It's a been a bit recently, but hey my life is very different than it was before. No excuses, dems just da facts. And it's all good thankfully. Commitments, priorities, and responsibilities change for us all as life evolves... as they should.

My #1 aim right now is seeing HU in the NCAAT in person! I couldn't do it back in the day as a broke student, but it's game on now 8-) I was ready to go anywhere in the country HU was sent this past one... alas not meant to be. But if life plays nice and shines upon us again, I am fully ready to go for 2021 too!

Would love to get a group of us together when it happens, would be my pleasure to grab drinks at the dance with you and the rest to celebrate HU hoops!
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Not exactly sure what category this belongs in but they released an awesome 25 minute video commemorating last year’s championship team.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:Not exactly sure what category this belongs in but they released an awesome 25 minute video commemorating last year’s championship team.
This played on Flo sports before the Sunday game but its on you tube now. https://youtu.be/Ix1iBgiShJ4
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Polito wrote:Didn't know you missed me! lol :P

Just FYI though, I have actually been to many over my 25 years following. Both AE and CAA. Always had a good time with the crew. It's a been a bit recently, but hey my life is very different than it was before. No excuses, dems just da facts. And it's all good thankfully. Commitments, priorities, and responsibilities change for us all as life evolves... as they should.

My #1 aim right now is seeing HU in the NCAAT in person! I couldn't do it back in the day as a broke student, but it's game on now 8-) I was ready to go anywhere in the country HU was sent this past one... alas not meant to be. But if life plays nice and shines upon us again, I am fully ready to go for 2021 too!

Would love to get a group of us together when it happens, would be my pleasure to grab drinks at the dance with you and the rest to celebrate HU hoops!
I only kid. Having been at many cool sporting events in my life, I think being at the Hofstra championship last year was top 5 for me. I cant wait to do it again. Hopefully this year, if not, maybe next.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Polito wrote:Didn't know you missed me! lol :P

Cool City for sure - Id LOVE to attend too - but I haven't a conference tourny yet either (regret so much not going last year; was all set to go to the Regional in Albany though).
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ugh Albany would've been AMAZING! And potentially against Nova to boot?! Man so close to an incredible experience!

I bet it was Hofstra, it looked awesome even from TV - I was SO close, had to do a business trip to Philly for a few days that exact day & week, tried to make the logistics work to swing to DC just for that night and back, but I couldn't make it work with the schedule I had - brutal!! Wound up in a Philly bar with my cousin who lives locally there to watch so we did at least have a blast together, and the bartenders and patrons were fun cheering with us lol

Definitely down to be part of us all getting together whenever it happens again though, especially at the NCAAT if we can all swing it!