Game 6 vs St Bonaventure

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Game 6 vs St Bonaventure

Post by triplec2195 »

For all of our woes and poor play in this game missed layups etc we leave 10 points on the FT line. The game against Iona we left 13 points on the FT line. Kante who had a heck of a game and was playing possessed at times who was an 80% FT shooter I believe going into this game shoots 2/9 from the charity stripe. This game would have gone down to the wire with better ft shooting but the last two minutes we really played horrible as well. A great comeback and kudos to coach Farrelly for the in game adjustments to help us comeback.
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

proud of the comeback today against a good a 10 team. we are a really good free throw shooting team so i wont worry about that too much. wish we didnt get in such a hole. that was awful. these two tests are great for caa play. no one in this confernece is half as good as sb or ur.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Crazy that I am disappointed they lost and feel like they should have won a game in which they trailed 30-7, but here we are.

Coburn tried to shoot himself out of a bad shooting day but with forced off balance shots, then kept getting lost in the zone on defense - might have been the worst game I've ever seen him play.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

BringBackFootball wrote:Burgess is one if the worst Point Guards I have ever seen at this University
What year did you start watching them? There were some lean years at the point not too long ago.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:
BringBackFootball wrote:Burgess is one if the worst Point Guards I have ever seen at this University
What year did you start watching them? There were some lean years at the point not too long ago.
Thanks for going there cactus I was about to but left it alone. I personally have been watching HU basketball since the mid 70's as have others on this forum and clearly would not have posted such a definitively negative post about a kid that we have only see play 6 games. At least in terms of getting some real minutes. I see growth here maybe incremental but growth nevertheless. I'm not thinking superlatives but improvement on his part but to say he's one of the worst. Like cactus said how far back do you go to state this opinion which of course you have every right to.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

To say that Burgess is the worst point guard in HU history is ludicrous. He is probably one of the most athletic pgs we have EVER had. Mark my words that by the end of this year most of us, except for perhaps BBF will be singing his praises.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Its only 6 games into the season and he is a true soph Let him grow into the role
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Agreed Stu...sorry I have been less than responsive to you but we moved last week and everything has been a total mess! Moving, painters, holidays etc!
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

HUSID74 wrote:To say that Burgess is the worst point guard in HU history is ludicrous. He is probably one of the most athletic pgs we have EVER had. Mark my words that by the end of this year most of us, except for perhaps BBF will be singing his praises.
Completely agree. That take is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fiftiespride

Post by fiftiespride »

I left it alone also and was annoyed by it. I have been watching Hofstra Bball since 1953 and Caleb is far from the worst. He is quick, at 6 3 has excellent length for a point, plays outstanding defense. He is young and has a ways to go offensively but is growing and beginning to produce a bit more. We all want and need more but he seems to becoming more comfortable and confident and look for continued progress.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Amen lets show him a little love here and like HUSID said by the end of the year we'll be complimenting him. He's making strides.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

Burgess's improvement passes the eye test and is reaffirmed by the numbers. From his freshman year, his scoring efficiency is up and his assist % has nearly doubled while turnover % has decreased. Any college coach would take a 2.25 AST/TO ratio out of his point guard. It might not always look pretty right now, but he's going to get there.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

fiftiespride wrote:I left it alone also and was annoyed by it. I have been watching Hofstra Bball since 1953 and Caleb is far from the worst. He is quick, at 6 3 has excellent length for a point, plays outstanding defense. He is young and has a ways to go offensively but is growing and beginning to produce a bit more. We all want and need more but he seems to becoming more comfortable and confident and look for continued progress.
fifties - I sent you a message. After Covid we need to get together and watch some Hofstra sports - we are both in the Twin Cities.

fiftiespride

Post by fiftiespride »

I have long had the same thought 01. Thanks for posting. I am currently in Fl. and hope to return in early to mid May. I live by lake of the Isles. I don't drive but still bike. Not sure what the board permits in terms of personal info.
--redacted-- Happy Holidays
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

fiftiespride wrote:I have long had the same thought 01. Thanks for posting. I am currently in Fl. and hope to return in early to mid May. I live by lake of the Isles. I don't drive but still bike. Not sure what the board permits in terms of personal info.
--redacted-- Happy Holidays
got it. Just plugged your number. You can delete from here if you want.

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

dutchalum01 wrote:
fiftiespride wrote:I left it alone also and was annoyed by it. I have been watching Hofstra Bball since 1953 and Caleb is far from the worst. He is quick, at 6 3 has excellent length for a point, plays outstanding defense. He is young and has a ways to go offensively but is growing and beginning to produce a bit more. We all want and need more but he seems to becoming more comfortable and confident and look for continued progress.
fifties - I sent you a message. After Covid we need to get together and watch some Hofstra sports - we are both in the Twin Cities.

Last October (2019) I was in Minneapolis and ran into a couple of guys originally from Massapequa at the bar of Eastside restaurant...was it you guys?? haha
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

cactus wrote:
dutchalum01 wrote:

Last October (2019) I was in Minneapolis and ran into a couple of guys originally from Massapequa at the bar of Eastside restaurant...was it you guys?? haha
Funny - were they Hofstra fans? Lol. Wasn’t me - but next time any Hofstra fan is in Minnesota, reach out. Always good to get together with other alumni!! Minnesota born and raised. Ironically, there were about 10 other “kids” from Minnesota studying at Hofstra when I was there. Last game I was able to see in person was the tournament in Baltimore - must have been 2016.