Women’s Basketball

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Women’s Basketball

Post by ProudofPride »

Congrats to our women’s team for opening the season with a road win at Army. Next game is at Pitt. 2 of our starters are Pitt transfers, and Coach came from there, so that should be interesting.
Polito

Re: Women’s Basketball

Post by Polito »

This will be interesting to follow Santos Atkinson year 2. High expectations of her...
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Nice start with an entirely different team except for Brown and Hines. They didn't use much bench in this game right out of Joe's playbook. What's the status of Sorelle Ineza who was the starting PG last year and a quality player??
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

On the internet broadcast, they said she suffered an injury preseason. Hoping I heard wrong, but they might have said season - ending.
Yes a quality player, and she would be missed, but the Pitt transfer, Knight, might be better.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

This team is better but still needs to work on things.
POSITIVE- Look at the turnovers I think we had 8 and Army had 22. Last year these stats were reversed. We are for now taking care of the rock. This team is BIGGER. So we are rebounding better. We are more ATHLETIC our players can create their own shot and can drive the lane and finish at the hoop.
NEGATIVE- outside shooting beyond the three point line needs work. Let opposing players get in the lane has to be tightened up. Not much to take from this game but this team is much improved from what I saw.
COACHING- Its only one game but I liked what Danielle did with substituting at the end of the game putting this team in a position to win by taking advantage of the players on the floor.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

We shot 1-10 from beyond the ARC and Army shot 8-21 which kept this game close. Yes we're bigger and more athletic 20 of our 41 rebounds were on the offensive glass giving us second chance shots/points. The Pittsburgh kids(transfers) are good players hopefully we will make some noise in the conference. After having not won a game last year in the conference it will be easy to improve on that record I'd imagine.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

Anyone have info on Ineza?