Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: Looking Ahead to 2020-2021 season

Post by Polito »

I love it - let's go baby, game time!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

A UNCW fan linked to a ranking of all the teams. https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/11/22/ ... season/11/ says:

"117. Hofstra Pride
The Pride won the Colonial last season and were headed to the NCAA tournament before the cancellation of the season. Hofstra is back this year and is the favorite to win the Colonial. If Hofstra wins the Colonial regular season this year that will be three years in a row for Joe Mihalich as the coach of Hofstra.

The Pride led the colonial in scoring last year and had five players score in double figures. Hofstra returns a good portion of those players including Isaac Kante who is an all-conference type player. Hofstra is still the best team in the league and wins the Colonial."

They have no CAA teams in the top third and two in the top half, with a bad average rank of 220.8. The rest of the CAA is:

151. Towson
177. Delaware (I'm counting 177th as in the bottom half by excluding teams who won't play)
205. Elon
215. Charleston
230. Drexel
247. Northeastern
272. W&M
292. JMU
302. UNCW
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

As per the gohens board Northeastern has suspended all winter sports games and practices till 12/18. How will this effect their mens basketball team?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Now confirmed on the Northeastern website
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Northeastern already had a time when they punished students for not following the rules. MLB players, coaches, and staff did a better job avoiding coronavirus than NCAA teams in several sports. I hope that Northeastern's team can learn their lesson and be available for the start of CAA games.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... acketology gives us a 16 seed and an NCAA Tournament game against defending champion Virginia, although players are very different from two seasons ago.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball requires paying for ESPN Plus that includes ESPN Insider articles which is something they charged for before they made a service to pay for games. The NCAA record for career steals is 385 by Providence's John Linehan from 1997 to 2002. Richmond's Jacob Gilyard has 275 in three seasons. With all winter athletes having fifth season of eligibility, Gilyard could break the record by a lot if he plays this season and in 2021-2022. On Tuesday December 22 we go to Richmond.
Polito

Post by Polito »

That's huge bad news for NU, brutal, feel for them - that's going to have a big impact on their season, not even being able to practice - I thought NU would have a rebuilding year for sure losing all they did and having little to no depth, but this will make it that much harder - I think this will be a rare struggle year for Cohen.

I think UD is also going to struggle, they just lost SO much and have also been on hold for a long time, just returning to play now

Don't the W will be the worst, they Charleston Towson Elon maybe even JMU could be better than projected - who knows, this season is a total crap shoot at this point, no one has a clue - pretty darn exciting actually lol we should see some wild games this year!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:That's huge bad news for NU, brutal, feel for them - that's going to have a big impact on their season, not even being able to practice - I thought NU would have a rebuilding year for sure losing all they did and having little to no depth, but this will make it that much harder - I think this will be a rare struggle year for Cohen.

I think UD is also going to struggle, they just lost SO much and have also been on hold for a long time, just returning to play now

Don't the W will be the worst, they Charleston Towson Elon maybe even JMU could be better than projected - who knows, this season is a total crap shoot at this point, no one has a clue - pretty darn exciting actually lol we should see some wild games this year!
Just watchout for Towson they lost Fobbs and Bertrand but with the addition of Zane Martin, Timberlake and Gibson the PG they could be tough and its not that much of a stretch that Martin could be the POY in the CAA.