WRHU Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: WRHU Sports

Post by stuball888 »

I can understand why 1050am has a much larger broadcasting area You cant get WRHU in Queens or suffolk Counties
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: I can understand why 1050am has a much larger broadcasting area You cant get WRHU in Queens or suffolk Counties
I thought the Islanders had a network of WRHU, WRCN 103.9 from Riverhead, and another station to be heard in Suffolk, but none of the stations are west of WRHU.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So much to my delight I put WRHU on going to the game yesterday and I couldn't believe that there was a pre-game show. Enjoyed that and to my astonishment they broadcast the game and postgame. It was a real pleasure to have the game back on and realized how much I missed the insightful info. and things that you just don't pick up from watching the game. Awesome!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Don't you get the same announcers on FloSports and WRHU?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

EvanJ wrote:Don't you get the same announcers on FloSports and WRHU?
I'm not listening to Flo sports in my car. IDK why this game was on WRHU? Am I missing something??
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

triplec2195 wrote:
EvanJ wrote: Don't you get the same announcers on FloSports and WRHU?
I'm not listening to Flo sports in my car. IDK why this game was on WRHU? Am I missing something??
Most games aren't on WRHU, and I don't know why. I know you're not using Flo in the car. You made it sound like you got something from the audio yesterday that you wouldn't have gotten from watching on Flo.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

No sorry Evan just pleasure of a broadcast while in the car that I used to enjoy in the good old days. I go to every home game so I wouldn’t necessarily watch Flo except when I want to see the replay which I did yesterday because I left early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

triplec2195 wrote:No sorry Evan just pleasure of a broadcast while in the car that I used to enjoy in the good old days. I go to every home game so I wouldn’t necessarily watch Flo except when I want to see the replay which I did yesterday because I left early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how tech savvy you see but all games are at least on the HAWC that you can stream through the app.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Before the game last night, former Islanders broadcaster Barry Landers (who also covered six Olympics and worked at WCBS) stopped by the table at mid-court to tell the WRHU Sports crew that he listens to them and that they do a good job.
Wags

Post by Wags »