Tournament Closed to Public

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: Tournament Closed to Public

Post by Wags »

Jojogunne wrote:I wonder ... would the NCAA give all the teams that won their conference tournaments this year automatic bids to the 2021 NCAAT?

In conferences that did not complete their tournaments, the bid would go to the regular-season winner.

This would be in addition to the teams that win their conference tournaments next year.

The result would reduce the number of at-large teams from the power conferences. Not sure they would like that.

What do you think?
It's two different seasons. Why should a team that might finish below .500 next season (if there IS a season at this rate), with a different roster, get a bid to next year's tournament based on what that team did this season? That also wouldn't hurt only P5 teams, it would hurt mids who would otherwise be more deserving of at-large bids next year.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Jojogunne wrote:I wonder ... would the NCAA give all the teams that won their conference tournaments this year automatic bids to the 2021 NCAAT?

In conferences that did not complete their tournaments, the bid would go to the regular-season winner.

This would be in addition to the teams that win their conference tournaments next year.

The result would reduce the number of at-large teams from the power conferences. Not sure they would like that.

What do you think?
Agree, but just add play in games for the teams that wouldn't have made it in 2021 but auto qualified/won conference in 2020. That way no one loses out on a bid they received or would have received either year.

Of course that assumes this virus doesn't come back and cause the same issues again next year which is a big assumption.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Keep the “it ain’t over until it’s over narrative” going love it!! It gives me a sense of actually being a possibility!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk