Thank You Staff

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

Thank You Staff

Post by Hofstra »

I have gone to many CAA tournaments in my day. From 2005-07 as a student, and up until Charleston every single one minus the Mo team, they stole that from me. This year, being in DC made it a lot more accessible again, so I went back with some buddies. So happy we decided to make the trip down. We have had so many sour trips, not due to the team or the university just our desire to win. This years sweet outweighs all the sour we've ever tasted. This was incredible.

I have never experienced such VIP treatment for our fans than I did this year. I am a nobody to Hofstra. I am an alum, but I attend minimal games due to distance, and I do not donate. This weekend, you would have thought that everyone there was a million dollar donor. They had busses for fans, helped us to acquire tickets, provided us space in a restaurant with free food for Monday and Tuesday, provided some shirts and other gear, and got so many of us together to just talk shop and shoot the sht for a few hours.

Rick Cole has put together an amazing staff. Jessica, Jerry, Bryan, Chrissy, Mike Neely, and Ricky were so accommodating. On the car ride home, we kept saying what a wonderful job Hofstra did this weekend. Really made me so proud to be an alum. We aren't Kansas, or Duke, but this weekend I wouldn't have wanted to be either of those schools, we are Hofstra and we are fuckin' DANCING!!!!!!!!
jaspegs

Re: Thank You Staff

Post by jaspegs »

Have to piggy back on Hofstra. The entire Athletic Department went out of the way to do whatever they could for the fans. The pregame events were a blast and extremely well put together. Everything was first class all the way. Great time down in DC and too pumped about the result!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Ditto - the efforts of the previously mentioned staff are going to pay dividends for the HU Athletic Department years to come.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Kudos to all of you for taking time out of your busy lives to make the trip to D.C. and support our team they deserved it. I hope I can do the same real soon!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

They did a nice job in Charleston too. Happy to be a Pride Club member.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I would like to add to the kudos the members of the band and Hofstra Spirit dancers/cheerleaders. They were awesome in DC...our band was great and so engaged, our BEST cheering section...represented us well.
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID74 wrote:I would like to add to the kudos the members of the band and Hofstra Spirit dancers/cheerleaders. They were awesome in DC...our band was great and so engaged, our BEST cheering section...represented us well.
They were LOUD. And, down 4 with 8 to play, I think their "DE-FENSE!" chants and other cheering (which outdid that from the Northeastern band and fans) might have really helped put HU over the top down the stretch.