NCAA projected Tourney Bracket

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

Re: NCAA projected Tourney Bracket

Post by Wags »

Moved up to the 13 line in this one. So close to another HU-Nova projection again. Just need Nova to switch with West Virginia or HU with Akron.

https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1230921305370681346
Wags

Post by Wags »

Lunardi's latest has a repeat of one we've seen earlier:

(3) Seton Hall vs. (14) Hofstra in Albany:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
Wags

Post by Wags »

This one now has (4) Kentucky vs. (13) Hofstra in the East: https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1232005750911688707

Just getting in would be great, but if they do end up as a 13, I'd like to see them against Penn State, who I think would be the most beatable of the potential 4 seeds.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Wags wrote:This one now has (4) Kentucky vs. (13) Hofstra in the East: https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1232005750911688707

Just getting in would be great, but if they do end up as a 13, I'd like to see them against Penn State, who I think would be the most beatable of the potential 4 seeds.
Unless there are a lot of conference tournament upsets, I think we get a 14, but we may get some love because that UCLA win will likely end up a Quadrant 1 victory. But yeah, if we're lucky enough to win the CAA Tournament, I couldn't care less what seed we are and who we play, it's been so long.... but please be in Albany.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ - A compilation of all the bracket projections floating around out there.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yep, amen to that, lol I will literally take anything at this point - zero complaints - couldn't care less what happens, just HAVE to make it at this point. Then we can get picky :)

And I am literally prepared to go anywhere to see something we've been waiting 2 decades for. Was too broke the last time still in school, but I'm ready this time around!

Albany would be icing on the cake.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:Yep, amen to that, lol I will literally take anything at this point - zero complaints - couldn't care less what happens, just HAVE to make it at this point. Then we can get picky :)

And I am literally prepared to go anywhere to see something we've been waiting 2 decades for. Was too broke the last time still in school, but I'm ready this time around!

Albany would be icing on the cake.
Albany keeps popping up a lot for Hofstra, and most often (saw it yet again today) as a 14 against third-seeded Seton Hall. Would be a lot of fun. Would've been even more fun last year though to see a duel between JWF and Powell.
Have also seen Hofstra vs. Villanova a couple times, which would also be fun for obvious reasons. But as you say, after 19 years, simply dancing would be fun.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

It's nice to dream and you want it so bad you can taste it but we will need to be tough for 3 consecutive days and play better far better then we did against Towson. We haven't been outrebounded like that game all year especially on the oppositions O boards so this game is a game that should motivate us to play hard for 40 minutes. I'm concerned about the play Of Ray who seems to be struggling of late and they need to get him open looks in their offensive sets. His forte is not creating of the dribble and he has had to do that all too often lately. We need some scoring from him which will ease the burden a bit for everyone else.
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:It's nice to dream and you want it so bad you can taste it but we will need to be tough for 3 consecutive days and play better far better then we did against Towson. We haven't been outrebounded like that game all year especially on the oppositions O boards so this game is a game that should motivate us to play hard for 40 minutes. I'm concerned about the play Of Ray who seems to be struggling of late and they need to get him open looks in their offensive sets. His forte is not creating of the dribble and he has had to do that all too often lately. We need some scoring from him which will ease the burden a bit for everyone else.
Ray is so streaky sometimes, it might be good that he's 1/16 over his last two games. Law of averages with him, that might mean a hot streak coming in D.C. Hopefully. But either way, if they cut the nets in D.C., they'll have to earn it. Nothing will be given. But that's how it should be. Play your best for three straight days and EARN it.