Mack Sports Complex Capacity Information That Doesn't Match

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Mack Sports Complex Capacity Information That Doesn't Match

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra provides seating maps for every section except for the seven student sections. I knew capacity was reduced last season. I didn't know it was reduced more this season, but it's down to 4,223. Adding up the seats in each row gives 3,998, which is 225 less than capacity, and the seven student sections (105-107 and 208-211) combined hold way more than that. Those seven sections should have a capacity about equal to the seven sections opposite them, which have a combined capacity of 909, which is over four times 225. I checked my spreadsheet that I didn't enter any numbers too large like 110 instead of 10. Does anyone know why the difference is less than the capacity of the student sections? The maps are used to sell tickets, so they shouldn't list any seats that no longer exist.
HofstraMathew

Re: Mack Sports Complex Capacity Information That Doesn't Ma

Post by HofstraMathew »

The sections that are removed are 205, 206,207 216, 217, and 218. Also some games (can't remember if it is all) I have seen 212, 213, 214 and 215 being removed. Does this change what you have? I am not going to add up all the seats myself but if you want to send me the spreadsheet you did I will take a look at it and see if I see anything that seems wrong.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

This was all done in the interest of creating fictitious sellouts to promote....the entire north end has been eliminated as seating for our home games.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraMathew wrote: The sections that are removed are 205, 206,207 216, 217, and 218. Also some games (can't remember if it is all) I have seen 212, 213, 214 and 215 being removed. Does this change what you have? I am not going to add up all the seats myself but if you want to send me the spreadsheet you did I will take a look at it and see if I see anything that seems wrong.
Those six sections combine for 681. That's not taking 212-215 out. Adding that to the difference of 225 from before makes 906. Since the opposite sections that I used as an estimate combine for 909, it makes the math work. Thank you.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

EvanJ wrote:Hofstra provides seating maps for every section except for the seven student sections. I knew capacity was reduced last season. I didn't know it was reduced more this season, but it's down to 4,223. Adding up the seats in each row gives 3,998, which is 225 less than capacity, and the seven student sections (105-107 and 208-211) combined hold way more than that. Those seven sections should have a capacity about equal to the seven sections opposite them, which have a combined capacity of 909, which is over four times 225. I checked my spreadsheet that I didn't enter any numbers too large like 110 instead of 10. Does anyone know why the difference is less than the capacity of the student sections? The maps are used to sell tickets, so they shouldn't list any seats that no longer exist.
Whoa, whoa, whoa......spreadsheet? You have the seating mapped in a spreadsheet? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

joeg1 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:Hofstra provides seating maps for every section except for the seven student sections. I knew capacity was reduced last season. I didn't know it was reduced more this season, but it's down to 4,223. Adding up the seats in each row gives 3,998, which is 225 less than capacity, and the seven student sections (105-107 and 208-211) combined hold way more than that. Those seven sections should have a capacity about equal to the seven sections opposite them, which have a combined capacity of 909, which is over four times 225. I checked my spreadsheet that I didn't enter any numbers too large like 110 instead of 10. Does anyone know why the difference is less than the capacity of the student sections? The maps are used to sell tickets, so they shouldn't list any seats that no longer exist.
Whoa, whoa, whoa......spreadsheet? You have the seating mapped in a spreadsheet? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
EvanJ should be hired by a professional sports team for his stats. Elias hiring? Evan you're a real asset to this board. Love your work.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

EvanJ, I am also a very big fan! I think all of your stats add a great deal to the HU discussions. You provide a great mathematical analysis that is very interesting. Please keep it up!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

joeg1 wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa......spreadsheet? You have the seating mapped in a spreadsheet? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
It has 403 rows. I've had spreadsheets that I spent tens of hours on that took much longer. I had one spreadsheet that I did with 4,000 rows, and each row required thinking that took longer than typing in numbers. Since a bunch of rows in the same section have the same amount of seats, each row doesn't need to be counted.