Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID74

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Post by HUSID74 »

Tragic news. Reports also state his young daughter was among the other four passengers killed.
Last edited by HUSID74 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stuball888

Re: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helikopter Crash

Post by stuball888 »

His daughter Gianna was 13. They were on their way to her youth basketball game. Sad day today. Condolences to the Bryant family.
Hofstra

Re: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Post by Hofstra »

Just horrible. So sad.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Polito

Post by Polito »

God bless them all, and all families, friends, associates, colleagues, fans, communities, et al.

Just horrible, my heart sank, especially learning about the children. My hope and prayer is it was instant. A long healing road is in store for many - my heart really goes out to them all.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Coach was a teammate of Kobe's dad, Joe Bryant, at LaSalle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

joeg1 wrote:Coach was a teammate of Kobe's dad, Joe Bryant, at LaSalle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah U mean "JELLY BEAN Bryant" I remember him back in the days of Rich Laurel when we were in the same conference as LaSalle. A 7 footer if my recollection serves me well. I think he went on to play basketball in Italy and endorse Nutella product.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Jelly Bryant was 6ft 9 but played bigger
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Some places listed him as 6'10" but for some reason I always thought he was 7 foot. It would have been nice if he have battled John Irving back in the day but he graduated before John got here.
Wags

Post by Wags »

triplec2195 wrote:Some places listed him as 6'10" but for some reason I always thought he was 7 foot. It would have been nice if he have battled John Irving back in the day but he graduated before John got here.
He's listed at 6-10 here (but I've seen 6-9 elsewhere): https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/sc ... /1975.html

Jellybean ended up being the 14th overall pick by a CA team (Golden State).
Kobe, almost the same - 13th overall pick, traded to a CA team the same day.

Jellybean and Mihalich overlapped for only one year (1974-75), with Mihalich as a freshman and Jellybean as a junior and LaSalle's leading scorer (21.8 ppg) on a team that went 21-7 and took Syracuse to OT at the Palestra in the NCAAT. Jellybean left for the NBA after that year. Mihalich took only two shots (made one), playing in eight games, that season.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Wags wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Some places listed him as 6'10" but for some reason I always thought he was 7 foot. It would have been nice if he have battled John Irving back in the day but he graduated before John got here.
He's listed at 6-10 here (but I've seen 6-9 elsewhere): https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/sc ... /1975.html

Jellybean ended up being the 14th overall pick by a CA team (Golden State).
Kobe, almost the same - 13th overall pick, traded to a CA team the same day.

Jellybean and Mihalich overlapped for only one year (1974-75), with Mihalich as a freshman and Jellybean as a junior and LaSalle's leading scorer (21.8 ppg) on a team that went 21-7 and took Syracuse to OT at the Palestra in the NCAAT. Jellybean left for the NBA after that year. Mihalich took only two shots (made one), playing in eight games, that season.
Mihalich also coached with Bryant at La Salle for a few seasons in the 90's. Tough week in the basketball world for Coach.