Game 19 at UNC Wilmington on 1/16/2020 at 7:00 P.M.

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
cactus
Site Admin

Re: Game 19 at UNC Wilmington on 1/16/2020 at 7:00 P.M.

Post by cactus »

triplec2195 wrote:
cactus wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Flo sucks, feed jumping all over the place, game interrupted by blasting ads, cuts to other feeds, etc. You have to be nuts, like me to try and watch this.
I had a great experience with the feed, no cut outs and normal commercials during time outs.
I've had nothing but problems streaming from the app to my t.v. I've had good success playing it thru my computer but this is a small screen. My widescreen t.v. is downstairs and I'm probably having a problem down there because my wi-fi signal is not that strong down there but definitely not thrilled with it. IDK if anyone was finding the flo-sport constantly panning into the crowd during this game annoying??
I am using the Flo phone app to a Chromecast on my TV. Worked perfectly for the entire game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

[quote="cactus"][quote="triplec2195"][quote="cactus"][quote="HUSID74"]Flo sucks, feed jumping all over the place, game interrupted by blasting ads, cuts to other feeds, etc. You have to be nuts, like me to try and watch this.[/quote]

I had a great experience with the feed, no cut outs and normal commercials during time outs.[/quote]

I've had nothing but problems streaming from the app to my t.v. I've had good success playing it thru my computer but this is a small screen. My widescreen t.v. is downstairs and I'm probably having a problem down there because my wi-fi signal is not that strong down there but definitely not thrilled with it. IDK if anyone was finding the flo-sport constantly panning into the crowd during this game annoying??[/quote]I am using the Flo phone app to a Chromecast on my TV. Worked perfectly for the entire game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks Cactus!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

My issue is not so much that I have trouble getting the feed its the way it is presented. First you have the feed from UNCW which has low sound and a relatively low resolution picture, then it cuts out to a Flo advertisement with tremendous volume, then back to another national Flo feed or commercial then back to the low volume low quality feed from UNCW...not very professional IMO.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Didn't use the app on the iPhone, but I had no trouble with FloHoops on the laptop last night, thought it was pretty solid quality actually.

It seems like FloSports just get local crews to broadcast the games so the quality of the broadcast itself might be up and down.

As for the feed jumping, if you have less than 100 Mbps internet, or an older computer, the video is not going to run well. I watched the Towson game in the background at work, besides the audio from FloSports broadcast not being synched, the video was really choppy. I can't recall any issues watching on my phone or home laptop, just wish we aired games on the ESPN+ app like many other conferences at our level. But I'm a sucker and will buy this service too for hoops season.
Flying Dutchmen

Wags wrote: :D Won't matter anymore by the time they play their next home game (unless by then, it's a continued trend from last night). And, my question was kind of rhetorical anyway, as I sort of already know the answer: they think they are a better perimeter 3-point shooting team than they are (8th in the CAA at 33.3%). They're at their best when they attack & get to the line often and when they are disciplined enough to take higher percentage mid-range shots or when they score in the paint.
I don't see it like that per se. I actually think we're a solid 3 point shooting team from a talent standpoint, and it drives me nuts when we go though these long stretches essentially abandoning the perimeter shot. Our shot selection overall has been horrible though and the fact that Buie has to be our go-to guy has hurt the offense's ability to get good looks from the perimeter.

I re-watched our offensive possessions from the game last night. Gotta give UNCW credit, they were clever. They opened up in a 2-3, and we took a 10 point lead. They switched to man for a few possessions, then at the under 12, they started with the half court trap to man to man, but inside 15 seconds, if we started to dribble penetrate, they went back to the zone, and collapsed inside. They reversed that (zone to man) in the last 5 mins of the game. We were getting open looks on the perimeter but we couldn't get the ball there, we looked a little confused and tried to force it too often. We have so rarely made the extra pass that W&M and Northeastern always make to get the good look.

It hurts us that we don't have a big man who can effectively move the ball from the paint. That was Roks best quality, Taylor wasn't bad either. Coburn, Pemba, and Ray have not moved the ball well either, lots of iso. When Buie has to take over, we get a lot of that iso ball and reckless shots. I think we need to abandon uptempo a little bit, and run an offense where we pass the ball more frequently so we can properly utilize Coburn, Ray, and Pemberton's ability to hit the perimeter shot. Not sure we have the personnel this year to get this offense really rolling though.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Jeez FD Horrible are 14-5? Give me horrible anytime if we win more than 75 per cent of the time...LOL Unrealistic expectations.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Wags wrote: Interesting: Hofstra has won 15 of its last 16 games on Thursdays, dating back to two seasons ago. They're also second nationally in road wins this year, with seven.

https://twitter.com/StephenGorchov/stat ... 0403196928
I knew about the road wins, and W&M leads in road wins. I like the statistic about Thursdays. Do we not use the bench much and get tired on Saturdays? Other than you travel partner, you play every opponent once on Thursday and once on Saturday. Most travel partner games are on Saturday, but we played at Northeastern on Thursday, so we'll play them once each day. We will have nine CAA games on Saturdays, eight on Thursdays, and one on Monday the first week of CAA games.
Flying Dutchmen

HUSID74 wrote:Jeez FD Horrible are 14-5? Give me horrible anytime if we win more than 75 per cent of the time...LOL Unrealistic expectations.
Shot selection has been good? I know you’re watching these games, you have to be scratching your head at times. It’s unlike a Mihalich team to fumble around offensively the way we have. We’re not a good defensive team, so the gameplan can’t always be let’s hope Buie can bail us out tonight. He’s been great, but he’s not the prolific scorer JWF was here.

My expectation is that the door is wide open in the CAA, why not us for a change.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Great to see TC feeling healthy again, when he’s aggressive like the W game awesome things happen - hoping this is a sign he’s ready to return with a vengeance - seeing him come flying in for a putback slam was long overdue - attack attack attack

Kante not there yet, but for sure he’s taking steps forward for sure and it’s making an impact - have had HUGE hopes for him, need him to keep developing improving - providing some dependable consistency on O down low, and gets the fouls - not to nitpick but can this kid not dunk a basketball?!? Need to teach or encourage him to put it down with some authority once in awhile!

Tough game against an emotional team that needs proper leadership from a better staff - again UNCW has had talent, their record under McGrath wasn’t due to lack of players... a good coach is going to revive them.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

How do you not send them to the line at least at the end??????

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID74 wrote:Jeez FD Horrible are 14-5? Give me horrible anytime if we win more than 75 per cent of the time...LOL Unrealistic expectations.
And this was after a road win. Imagine the view if they had lost!

Like... Northeastern did tonight, 76-74 in OT, at UNCW, even with Roland scoring 38. Seahawks' only CAA win in conference games this year.