Best of the decade

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Best of the decade

Post by stuball888 »

For those that have been following Hofstra best athletes of this decade We are down to the final selection at #1 The problem I see here is that there are two athletes left wrestler Michael Hughes who was an all-american and led the NCAA in pinfalls Also the odds on favorite Olivia Galati 2 time AA with NCAA record 5 perfect games 14 no Hitters and over 1,400 strikeouts
The Shadow

Re: Best of the decade

Post by The Shadow »

No Contest: Galati
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Also missing John Rooney 2 time all american drafted by the Dodgers and led the NCAA in era his senior year both Rooney and Hughes not even honorable mention No way there are 20 athletes better than these two Must be an oversight
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

All the honorable mention and top 10 candidates are more than deserving and fact that Hughes Rooney not included underscores amazing athletes that have hit campus the last 10 years. No doubt Galati is correct choice for number one and no issue with Leah Galton at number two either.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

I don't understand how Jenkins can be #3 and JWF #5 when 60%+ of Jenkin's career here was played in the previous decade. JWF was the best Hofstra MBB player from 2010-2019.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:I don't understand how Jenkins can be #3 and JWF #5 when 60%+ of Jenkin's career here was played in the previous decade. JWF was the best Hofstra MBB player from 2010-2019.
Justin might have been the best all around player to have ever played here!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://www.collegeinsider.com/2019/HENS ... RESSER.pdf has the results of a poll for mid-major Players of the Decade. The 40 players include three from the CAA in Jenkins, Wright-Foreman, and Cacok. We have two of the five players in the area, and the other three are Iona's Scott Machado, Monmouth's Justin Robinson, and Stony Brook's Jameel Warney. We were one of seven schools with two players. The other six were Brigham Young (BYU), Murray State, South Dakota State, Saint Mary's, Wichita State, and Yale. A notable thing is that Gonzaga had only one player, while Nevada, San Diego State, Vermont, and VCU didn't have any. The Atlantic 10 isn't eligible, but VCU started the decade in the CAA, and they included Jenkins who ended in 2010-2011.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

https://twitter.com/HofstraMBB/status/1 ... 98017?s=20

Hofstra men's basketball and the other team's twitter accounts are asking fans to pick Mount Rushmore for last decade. For MBB Jenkins, JWF and Juan'ya are obvious, and for fourth I would go with Rokas slightly over Eli because of his rebounding.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Who picked the list?
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Jojogunne wrote:Who picked the list?
The fans are asked to pick their own lists. That one is mine. What is yours?
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

Charles Jenkins, Hofstra

Known as “The Wolf” in certain circles, Jenkins was the man Hofstra called when winning time arrived. He once recorded an 8-point play and used his strength and skill to seize two CAA Player of the Year awards during the conference’s era of abundant talent. The powerful guard delivered 2,513 points, 551 rebounds, 489 assists and left a trail of broken souls.

Hilarious write-up for Charles!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Office of Athletic Communications led the effort. I thought overall list was on point with Galati the clear number one for decade and perhaps best all-time Hofstra athlete as well.