Who's Going down to Charleston

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Who's Going down the Charleston

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraHockey wrote:Looks like almost everything around there is sold out.

So I unfortunately can't swing the whole trip with work. But I took a gamble today on the team- I have a flight booked on the 12th at about 1:30 from JFK to Charleston, flying back at 6:00 the next morning. It was only $127 round trip, so what the hell. Hopefully my faith pays off.
Love it you gotta believe!!
stuball888

Re: Who's Going down the Charleston

Post by stuball888 »

If I go I will be at a Marriot. I have an in with head of logistics.
cactus
Site Admin

Re: Who's Going down to Charleston

Post by cactus »

I looked on Orbitz and there were still a number of rooms available as part of a hotel/flight package if you choose the coliseum as the destination.

The way the standings are working out, they could end up playing W&M, Charleston, and Northeastern in their 3 tournament games. That would not be an easy task.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I think for me, flying down for the champ game Tues night, and coming back on Wed is the most likely scenario - and looks to be quite doable from a cost perspective.

Would love for everyone to take over the same hotel or two! Would be a blast, esp if we spend all night Tue celebrating!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Dooku and I are booked for Monday/Tuesday.

Staying at the Hyatt which is less than half a mile from the Coliseum.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I'm at the Marriott in N. Charleston. Getting in Sunday morning and staying through the tournament.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

the marriott is down the block from the hyatt. seems there there are a lot of hotels nearby so we shouldn't have an issue getting together on the chance we want to celebrate tuesday night :)

got 2 tickets through the school as well so we'll be sitting in the hofstra section. let's get a good turnout!
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Can you purchase individual games? I only see the whole tournament package. I would imagine it'll be easy to get one if they're playing Northeastern. Maybe not much if they're playing CofC.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HofstraHockey wrote:Can you purchase individual games? I only see the whole tournament package. I would imagine it'll be easy to get one if they're playing Northeastern. Maybe not much if they're playing CofC.
Not through the school. They have a section blocked off across from the bench but you have to buy all the games.

I would imagine tickets will open up for individual games thru StubHub and the like.
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Think I’ll be pulling the trigger on the Tuesday afternoon flight and 6 AM Wednesday flight.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The CAA starts selling for the whole tournament before individual sessions. There are five sessions that have the same price. The Final costs the same amount as the four sessions of two games (individually, not combined).
hualum

Post by hualum »

perhaps those of us NOT going can work something out to be together to watch POTENTIAL finals game
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

jaspegs wrote:Think I’ll be pulling the trigger on the Tuesday afternoon flight and 6 AM Wednesday flight.
Sleep at CHS? :)
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Jojogunne wrote:
jaspegs wrote:Think I’ll be pulling the trigger on the Tuesday afternoon flight and 6 AM Wednesday flight.
Sleep at CHS? :)
I was thinking celebrate the win somewhere until it's time to go to the airport!
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Just booked Friday through Wednesday.. excited to see Charleston. Are you guys going through Hofstra’s block or individual tickets. I see $120 for the Hofstra block? Does that include every game?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

jaspegs wrote:Just booked Friday through Wednesday.. excited to see Charleston. Are you guys going through Hofstra’s block or individual tickets. I see $120 for the Hofstra block? Does that include every game?
I'm in with the Hofstra block. It certainly includes every Hofstra game, not sure if it's for the whole day. Call the ticket office and ask for Maria she will know.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Unfortunately I cant make it down this year, but I am so happy that a bunch of people are going. Have a great time, and safe travels to those going.

Magnolias is a GREAT dinner spot.
Hominy Grill is an awesome breakfast spot.
The arena hopefully is a great celebratory spot Tuesday Night around 9PM.

Go Hofstra!!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Looks like I will NOT be going. My nephews band was just signed to a record label and will be touring England and the Netherlands for 10 days. His band Cominig Out Swinging has just signed with WTF records out of Europe. Looks like I’m going with them
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

stuball888 wrote:Looks like I will NOT be going. My nephews band was just signed to a record label and will be touring England and the Netherlands for 10 days. His band Cominig Out Swinging has just signed with WTF records out of Europe. Looks like I’m going with them
Awesome - have a fun trip Stu!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hofstra wrote:Unfortunately I cant make it down this year, but I am so happy that a bunch of people are going. Have a great time, and safe travels to those going.

Magnolias is a GREAT dinner spot.
Hominy Grill is an awesome breakfast spot.
The arena hopefully is a great celebratory spot Tuesday Night around 9PM.

Go Hofstra!!!
Thanks for the heads up on these locations. Hoping to get my hands on some Peninsula Grill coconut cake as well.