Re: MBB Game 25 vs W&M on February 9, 2019 - Sold out

Post by kerrywoodwins20 »

Literally can’t get a stop

So embarrassing

Kids think they’re playing the warriors lmfao
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

JWF made 2 free throws to reach 40 with 4:11 left, but twisted his ankle when Justin Pierce fell on him. We lead 81-77 with 3:59, and JWF can recover during the timeout. William & Mary has 7 fouls. We have made 20 of 25 free throws. JWF is staying in.
kerrywoodwins20

Wow.

This team is so bad
kerrywoodwins20

Lol
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

now, let's cover too !!!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Sorry S Claxton, L Stokes Apologies to C Jenkins, A Augudio too -
JFW is the most exciting player in (my) HU history -
God was he special tonight

Not sure of anyone else saw it - T Shaver staring JAM and sarcastically clapping in mock applause; as the final seconds of the game wound down; and after JWM missed his last layup that would have given JFW 50 points on the evening - TS not happy with HU as W&M was intentionally not fouling JFW to give him foul shoots to give him his 50.

The rivalry continues to build.
Cards

Post by Cards »

best game to be at this season. Mack was loud!!!

JWF was awesome - he had 37 pts in the second half!

I think the students had a blast - no reason for them not to come back next home game.

What is going on with TC. Guy was on fire last game and then today he was passing up open shots and did not score at all. 0 points???????

KW wearing warmups - did not dress for game. Injured??
Last edited by Cards on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

kerrywoodwins20 wrote:Wow.

This team is so bad
Dude are you even a Hofstra fan? You just come here to post negative posts. Where were you on the Elon thread?
garyg

Post by garyg »

Crazy conference...we beat Elon by 41 points and today Elon takes Northeastern to OT before losing...
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

garyg wrote: Crazy conference...we beat Elon by 41 points and today Elon takes Northeastern to OT before losing...
Elon didn't score in overtime and lost 72-60. Northeastern beat Elon by at least 11 in overtime both times this season. I wonder if a team had ever beaten the same opponent by at least 11 in overtime twice in one season before.

JWF went up from 25.1 points to exactly 26, Pemberton fell from 15.2 to 15.0, Buie went up from 10.4 to 10.6, Coburn fell from 9.2 to 8.8, Taylor went up from 7.6 to 7.8, Ray fell from 7.4 to 7.3, Trueheart fell from 3.5 to 3.4, and Dwyer (who didn't attempt a shot) fell from 2.6 to 2.5. Taylor's rebounds went up from 7.9 to 8.2, Pemberton fell from 4.8 to 2.7, and JWF and Coburn are tied at 4.3 (exactly 4.28). JWF didn't have any and fell from 4.5, and Coburn had 2 and fell from 4.4. Buie's assists went up from rounded up to 5 to exactly 5, and Pemberton's assists rose from 2.3 to 2.4. Nobody else had an assist, which made JWF's assists fall from 3.3 to 3.2.

We improved our free throw percentage from .791 to .792 by shooting 27-for-33. Buie fell below .900 is he went from .903 to .897, JWF fell from .878 to .873, and Pemberton made all 8 to rise from .754 to .768.

Buie played 40 minutes and Pemberton played 38.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

We're watching greatness, simple as that. That's what a star does: takes over and wills the team to win.

On another note, I hope kerrywood keeps posting, seems like good juju.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

kerrywoodwins20 wrote:Now they get stops and forget how to score lol

This team sucks
I'm not going to objectify this slug but quite honestly I'm tired of his posts. This clown is a mole and clearly exists here to denigrate this unbelievable team and the year they're having. Climb back under your rock where u belong!

I did attend this game and thought for a while especially after watching Coburn and Justin pick up their 2nd foul here goes a NE deja-vu. Great energy from the crowd especially the Lions Den and just a sense of excitement for everything positive this team did tonight. The Lions den was definitely playing the sixth man in this game and IMO effected the outcome. Evan just a comment re Trueheart getting minutes in this game was due to Coburn and JWF picking up two fouls not Desure who I believe played the first half with only one foul. I haven't heard a post game on GoHofstra yet but I have the feeling we might here one of Joe's favorite comments that " this game had a loss written all over it" and it clearly wasn't looking pretty. Thank God Joe had the sense to put Justin back in the game in the first half and I'll say once again he had him on the bench too long. We were lucky we kept the game in reach and were only down 4 at the half. When you look at the stats they out rebounded us had 24 assists to our 11. We helped ourselves by being pretty efficient at the FT line and had half the turnovers our 8 to their 16. Obviously Justin had an other worldly game but give credit to Taylor who not only scored had a blocked shot but contested numerous shots in the paint and 15 boards. Desure had a nice game and came up big in the second half with a total of 16 points and 6 assists. Also kudos to Eli who didn't shoot particularly well but hit 8/8 at the foul line. JR also helped out with 6 rebounds on an off shooting night. Tareq got lost in this game after picking up two fouls in the first half and couldn't recover in the second half. He just couldn't get into the flow of this game for whatever reason and didn't score. It opened the door however for Stafford getting 10 minutes and IMO he became the guy who made a very solid contribution defensively and somewhat of an unsung hero. He had only 2 points but had 3 rebounds a steal and a blocked shot. He definitely was a plus in this one and deserves some credit for the win!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Thank you for the correction about who had 2 fouls.

https://gohofstra.com/news/2019/2/9/men ... -mary.aspx is Hofstra's recap titled "MBB: Wright-Foreman's Record Night Leads Hofstra Past William & Mary." It calls it a sellout, but the attendance was 4,208, and the opener got 4,645.

Pemberton has 1,234 points and passed Carlos Rivera for 20th.

JWF didn't have any rebounds, assists, steals, or blocked shots. No NCAA player since at least 2009-2010 and no NBA player since at least 1982-1983 had at least 48 points without any rebounds, assists, steals, or blocked shots.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401083876 is the Associated Press recap titled "Wright-Foreman leads Hofstra past William & Mary 93-87."

William & Mary used only 7 players.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yooo kerryNOwood !!!! BBAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - eat that you tool. :lol: We have some trolls around here, but man you suck at it. Like S-U-C-K at it. At least try to learn the art, you're setting forum trolling back to the early ages of the internet. Until then, move on loser.

Witnessed true greatness tonight - an absolute honor and privilege to see this performance live. You guys can say what you want about me, I speak my mind, but I absolutely bleed this school and this was one of the greatest single performances I've ever seen from any player in an HU uniform. Kid is literally unstoppable - the type of player that rarely graces a mid major - a shame most of the region is missing it! NBA is awaiting him, and if he leads this team to the dance mark my words he'll go 1st / 2nd round. If not, he might go lower, but I still think he's going - scouts still at every game. Ponds is fantastic, but JWF is the Haggerty.

HU and all of us are blessed to have this young man and to be a part of his journey - as I've said IMO he is THE reason this team has a chance to dance. He just refused to lose tonight - refused it, and willed them to victory - literally put the team on his back and beat them by himself. That ankle breaking spin and step back was jaw-dropping - putting the ball in the basket from underneath it in the front was mind boggling - could go on... On one hand don't want it to come down to just him, but sometimes you do lol - that's the job of the leagues best player, and some games, the best player needs to win it - thank the Lord his is a flying dutchmen!!

Bad:
- Coburn - 2nd early foul was awful, c'mon TC. Will chalk that one up to learning - need to be better next year. Can't take yourself out of major games like that on such a poor play.
- Buie: Terrible 1st half. Luckily, an anomaly for him, and he still ended up with a good outing.
- Staff: (EASY, positive below) Really wish they would STOP sitting JWF for 2 fouls - I know, defensive sets, I saw and understand, but I don't agree - you don't sit that kid IMO unless he has 4 fouls - not learning this lesson from NU was extremely frustrating, and almost cost HU another game - one of the best players in HU and CAA history, you don't sit him because of 2 fouls - this staff literally never sat Green, no matter his play, why would you ever sit JWF. Absolutely baffling to me.
- Dwyer: His ability is just not at this level - him against Knight or anyone from WM for that matter just wasn't fair. Like a kid getting his lunch money stolen every time down the floor.
- Settling for 3's all first half. This team is at it's worst when they forget to drive the lane.

Good (besides JWF):
- JT: Said it before, this team is 10 times better with a player like him than one like Rok. Kid plays with great energy, has a really nice jumper, hits FT's, plays strong D, a diff maker in this team. He made Knight earn every bit, just went up against a tremendous talent.
- Staff: (See!) Kept this team mentally and emotionally in the game, good energy, stayed positive, and I believe helped them make some key adjustments to take away the middle more and to attack the basket more. JM got fired up a few times, but I felt deservedly so in those spots. His constant encouragement was clear tonight.
- Buie: Second half.
- Pemba: Made some big plays tonight - LOT of ability in that young man, just need to see more next year. Good game tonight, hit FT's.
- ST: Shot a horrific 3, BUT hey the kid gave very solid D minutes - played where he should, at the *4*, alongside DD and JT, and low and behold played well. He can bring value there, just needs more hammering into his brain about the game and his skill set, and how to actually match them up 8-)
- When the team drove the lane. This team is best when they attack the basket.
- FT shooting - see above! A major factor in this W, and will be in the CAAT too. ATTACK THAT HOOP! Leads to great things!
->>> THE CROWD! And the STUDENT SECTION! First time all year I've been able to say both! PLEASE COME BACK and help finish out the year strong! They deserve it.

Finally seeing the proper respect on the napoleon board. And right back at them for Knight, guy is a really fantastic player - prob best big in the league - kudos to him, kid ate HU's lunch in the middle, and HU actually made him earn the majority of it - just that good. Hope he makes the league too honestly.

As for the rest, they have some of the most awkward looking and shooting players I've ever seen, and they still manage to make shots looking awful doing it! I'm shocked every time the ball goes in :lol: don't know where they find these guys, but kudos to them I guess!

They aren't a great team this year, they just play HU well every darn time - matchup well, shoot well, and coached well. Although Shaver is just as much of a whiner as JM, if not more this year - JM has made MAJOR strides this season. That guy hasn't.

M O N S T E R test on Thur - closest thing to a CAAT tourney game due to location... very very interested in how this one goes down. GO HOFSTRA
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Well said Polito...but who is this kerrywood dude...hit the wood guy...cactus get this imposter off these boards! no room for his sh---t
Wags

Post by Wags »

I covered Melo's 62-point game at MSG. That was the best individual scoring performances I had ever seen live. Melo didn't just shoot a lot that night, he was very efficient and incredibly locked in. But it was an easy blowout win. What JWF did in the second half on Saturday was up there with Melo did, if not better.

When Kobe scored 81, he had to, in order to rally the Lakers from a deficit to a win. Same with what JWF did with HU down 10. W&M had control and momentum, just like NU did when JWF went off in that second half. That was still a 3-point game with 1:15 left before another JWF 3 finally gave some breathing room. So, it's not like any of those were garbage points. He HAD to do that to carry them to a win. That's what made it so remarkable.

I told someone at halftime that JWF was 23 away from Speedy, and that he could catch him if he went off in the second half (thinking of the NU game at home). I thought... possible, but he'd end up maybe just barely short. Then he surpasses that by even an extra 14 points. And a lot of those shots weren't easy. Some, W&M just didn't defend. Others, like that brilliant spin move to the right baseline before the stepback jumper, were just amazing.

Just one of those "you'll always remember where you were when..." performances. Appreciative that I was there to witness it.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID74 wrote:Well said Polito...but who is this kerrywood dude...hit the wood guy...cactus get this imposter off these boards! no room for his sh---t
who care who he is - as far being an agitator he isn't very good at it.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Back to the game. This was the most remarkable performance I have ever seen. There are no more superlatives we can pin on Justin. I spoke to Speedy after the game . I ask him what are you feeding Justin. His reply was anything he wants. I told Speedy he is building his second legacy First as a player and second as a coach. Nice to see a couple of players from Speedys team. Greg Springfield and d Posey. Told Speedy that if it wasn't for Posey his most memorable game highlight would not have happened.Also Speedy was not aware that Dave Debushere was at the game sitting at courtside. Also in attendance were two from our womens team from the past Lizanne Murphy and Lana Harshaw. Asked Lizanne if she has been in touch with Kieza. Said he was in Europe playing in Lithuania . They still keep in touch. They both dated for three years while at Hofstra.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: Bad:
- Staff: (EASY, positive below) Really wish they would STOP sitting JWF for 2 fouls - I know, defensive sets, I saw and understand, but I don't agree - you don't sit that kid IMO unless he has 4 fouls - not learning this lesson from NU was extremely frustrating, and almost cost HU another game - one of the best players in HU and CAA history, you don't sit him because of 2 fouls - this staff literally never sat Green, no matter his play, why would you ever sit JWF. Absolutely baffling to me.
I'm okay with sitting him after his second foul was under 9 minutes in. His +/- was +6, which means we were even when he didn't play. Maybe he wouldn't have been as good at the end if we wanted him to play 38 or 40 minutes. I'm not saying he should never play 38+ minutes. If you knew before the game that Knight (who normally won't be guarded by JWF) would score 39 and we would win by 6, wouldn't you have taken it?