Liberal Arts and Sciences Newsletter

Everything else
EvanJ

Liberal Arts and Sciences Newsletter

Post by EvanJ »

Hofstra e-mailed me "Welcome To The First Issue Of Hofstra's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Alumni Newsletter." I wasn't taught by any of the professors mentioned, but I did learn that Hofstra has a Diagnostic and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders. I have Asperger's syndrome, which is high-functioning autism. I found two mistakes in the newsletter. It says "Most importantly, our faculty published 11 books last year, including:" and listed 12 books. Furthermore, they misspelled the name of one of their History professors. It says "Yuki Terezawa," but I looked at the course schedules enough times over the years including after I graduated to know that the last name is "Terazawa."
HofstraPride1

Re: Liberal Arts and Sciences Newsletter

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Ia great that they are publishing this newsletter and hope I also get a copy of it since I minored in history through HCLAS. That is also great that Hofstra has this Diagnostic and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders since so many young people these days are on the spectrum, especially on Long Island. Here is a link to it https://www.hofstra.edu/community/slzct ... e_asd.html I also have Aspergers, although a very mild form of it. I give you credit for opening up about it.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

If you tell me your e-mail address, I'll forward you the newsletter.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Just private messaged it to you. Thanks for sending.