Big pet Peeve with the CAA Athletics office

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Big pet Peeve with the CAA Athletics office

Post by stuball888 »

Go to the CAAsports website. They have the best of 2018. Missing are our womens soccer team Volleyball team and softball team. No mention at all. Now do you guys think that their is no northern or Hofstra Bias.
Jojogunne

Re: Big pet Peeve with the CAA Athletics office

Post by Jojogunne »

Don't read too much into their incompetence, Stu.

https://caasports.com/news/2018/12/31/g ... -2018.aspx

BTW, they did manage to get swimming into the video. I did not know that swimming was a CAA sport. Why doesn't Hofstra field men's and women's swim teams? We have a great aquatic facility.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To Stuball888, How about these thoughts, let HU keep on winning CAA Championships and to heck with any video produced by the CAA! It just shows what we all have realized, for a very long time, what the league and the other conference members think about HU! Maybe AD Cole should make a phone call to Richmond. Hey, it is the new year and time to make resolutions. How about we all stop concerning ourselves with the opinions of others and concentrate on what we all want, more CAA Championships and more NCAAT appearances. Banners on the wall are forever and so much more meaningful than any video highlights from a league office. Let HU keep getting better and better, all the other difficulties start taking care of themselves. Roll Pride!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne wrote: BTW, they did manage to get swimming into the video. I did not know that swimming was a CAA sport. Why doesn't Hofstra field men's and women's swim teams? We have a great aquatic facility.
Somebody asked that before. The four CAA sports Hofstra doesn't do are Football, Rowing, Swimming & Diving, and Track and Field.

Football is popular and the CAA is good at it. James Madison won a Women's Lacrosse Championship and went to the Men's Soccer Elite Eight. Northeastern got an at-large bid in Baseball. I do think that of the three Hofstra CAA championships, at least Women's Soccer that won an NCAA Tournament game should have been shown over Track and Field and Swimming.
Last edited by EvanJ on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

If the CAA Office wanted to, it could easily ADD a few minutes to a video that they produce! What is the difficulty in including a few minutes to a video to include the other team champions, not just the HU wins, but also cross country, tennis, golf, etc. I just do not understand the league office thinking. Once again, to heck with their narrow minded thinking!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Why doesn't someone ask them?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I guess women’s soccer going undefeated in league play and an NCAA win wasn’t good enough. I guess softball with the only perfect game in the NcAAs was also not good enough. Maybe I will give Rick Cole a call tomorrow
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:I guess women’s soccer going undefeated in league play and an NCAA win wasn’t good enough. I guess softball with the only perfect game in the NcAAs was also not good enough. Maybe I will give Rick Cole a call tomorrow
Please do don't be complacent here. It's also a situation that could show what we can expect from our AD. At least get an answer even if will amount to lip service.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

On the CAA website Samantha Barany is listed as the commissioner of softball volleyball and womens soccer among a couple of other sports. WE should start writing to her . They used list phone numbers but no more. Will let you all know whar Rick Cole has to say
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

She's sbarany@caasports.com and I don't know if you should contact her or Andy Hogue (APotter@caasports.com), who is Director of Communications for Volleyball and Softball. Bill Potter (BPotter@caasports.com) is the Assistant Commissioner for Communications for Women's Soccer
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Left messages with all . Don't expect anything back though. They are shielding these directors from incoming calls and emails.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

stuball888 wrote:Left messages with all . Don't expect anything back though. They are shielding these directors from incoming calls and emails.
Crazy! They are in the communications business....they should at the very least be responsive if they're not proactive.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Contacted one of our ADs. They will look into the matter. Let see if something gets done
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The year highlight video should include something for the champion of sport, regardless of which school won them. That's just pathetic on the CAA's part.
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

There was a stony brook highlight! LOL!

who did you talk to at hofstra? steve or jay?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Who said anything about Stony Brook. I’m talking about the CAA athletic dept. I will reveal who I spoke to after January 10th. I want to give Hofstras athletic dept a week to get an explanation
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

stuball888 wrote:Who said anything about Stony Brook.
i was saying there was even a stony brook hilite in the video which is really bad! saying your point is right. we dont even lead long island in things in the video!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Ok. I didn’t catch that. I was just looking for anything Hofstra. None to be seen
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Bumped to the top. Actually got thru to Samantha Barany of the CAA office. Was unaware of our three CAA championships missing from the best of 2018. Said she will look into it. I suggested that they do a best of 2018 part 2 to include all the sports that were omitted in the first video. Time will tell what comes of this.