MBB Game 15 vs. Drexel on December 30, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: MBB Game 15 vs. Drexel on December 30, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.

Post by EvanJ »

HofstraHockey wrote:
Cards wrote: Very little subbing in todays game. Of the 200 minutes available, HU only had 28 minutes used by non-starters. I am generally OK with a 30 min to 10 min split for JT and DD, but JR and ST only got about 15-16 minutes combined. 2 minutes for ST, 0 minutes for KW - we are showing very little depth. Anyone know what happened today, in that regard??
With all the minutes given to the bench against Delaware, the break before they play NE, and only one game in 10 days, I think he was trying to squeeze the starters a bit. Bench got plenty of action on Friday.
I agree. When we play Thursday and have a game two days later, the bench should play at least 40 minutes as long as JR, ST, and DD are available. Our hardest Thursday games are January 10 at William & Mary and February 14 at Charleston, and I think it's okay to push the starters then. We should be able to win at Elon on January 12 even if our starters play worse than usual. February 14 could determine the regular season champion, and Hofstra's hardest game of the 5 after that is at Delaware. Charleston hosts Northeastern on February 16 and goes to William & Mary after that, so if we are in first after February 14 or 0.5 behind Charleston with the tiebreaker, we could keep first. Since Charleston hosts travel partner UNCW the last day and has off 2 days before that, we will have played 1 fewer CAA game than them after February 14.
HUclassof19

Re: MBB Game 15 vs. Drexel on December 30, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.

Post by HUclassof19 »

I'm back. classes got crazy this semester and wasnt able to post.

really excited about where the season is going. so much fun to watch.