Coaches Caravan

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Re: Coaches Caravan

Post by HofstraHockey »

How many do you think were in attendance?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I would say not including coaches and Hofstra staff about 50
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Mathew we should not give Rabinowitz that much credit. Of course they would say he was instrumental. He is their boss. What got the wheels on motion was our game against Manhattan at Adelphi. Officials from the school and fans alike saw how superior their scoreboards and sound system was compared to ours
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Also, SBU has a brand-new arena. The Mack is at least 17 years old. Jay Wright was here when it opened.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

The Coaches Caravan was cool, it was interesting to talk to Joe and Rick Cole. Our staff is really great, they're working very hard to get the students and local community more involved this season. For $10, you got some free beers and free apps, got to talk to the coaches and staff, it was a good event.

The reason why there is no midnight madness this year is because of the construction at the Mack to get the scoreboards in by November 9th. I believe the new equipment is coming next week, so it's kind of a tight window for installation, but it will get done.

I like the idea of the coaches caravan, it's just a way to keep the die-hards in the loop, and hopefully it's a starting point for the school getting more involved in the local community. Hoops should be drawing 3k, especially with a good team this year; the locals need to know whats going on so they can get on board early.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Flying Dutchmen wrote:The Coaches Caravan was cool, it was interesting to talk to Joe and Rick Cole. Our staff is really great, they're working very hard to get the students and local community more involved this season. For $10, you got some free beers and free apps, got to talk to the coaches and staff, it was a good event.

The reason why there is no midnight madness this year is because of the construction at the Mack to get the scoreboards in by November 9th. I believe the new equipment is coming next week, so it's kind of a tight window for installation, but it will get done.

I like the idea of the coaches caravan, it's just a way to keep the die-hards in the loop, and hopefully it's a starting point for the school getting more involved in the local community. Hoops should be drawing 3k, especially with a good team this year; the locals need to know whats going on so they can get on board early.
Good info. FD and this makes a lot more sense as to why no midnite madness. Coaches Caravan I don't think was ever intended to replace the Midnite Madness event. Everybody got to meet the players at MM and watch the basketball teams practice. Were there any players at Coaches Caravan?? Does anyone really believe that the upgrades well over due were going to happen without Rabinowitz. Who holds the purse strings here? Lots of factors I'm sure that contributed to the scoreboard being replaced and a new sound system but none more important then Rick Cole and his presence and input here, IMO. I would like to know how it came to be that the school found money to build that practice facility. How much did that cost?? I think we should give Rabinowitz a little more credit here but a valid question would be why didn't this happen sooner when Hathaway was here?? Just food for thought from someone not privy to the politics going on here!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

triplec2195 wrote:I think we should give Rabinowitz a little more credit here but a valid question would be why didn't this happen sooner when Hathaway was here?? Just food for thought from someone not privy to the politics going on here!
Rabinowitz gets killed for cancelling football, which I totally understand, because I'm still bothered by that happening. I acknowledge I'm in a small minority of people who really loved Hofstra Football, but it kind of ruined college football for me, and despite the objective good Rabinowitz has done for athletics and the University in general, that will tarnish his legacy in those people's eyes.

While I don't think Rabinowitz is gung-ho about athletics, we have put a lot of money into our athletics facilities as of late. Maybe someone else can speak to why it took so long to get screen upgrades, but I would believe there is a matter of a depreciation schedule on the system we had in there from 2000, combined with the costs associated with upgrading some of the other athletics facilities first, putting new screens on the back burner.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

There have been constant improvements to facilities. Hofstra will never been top of the list, or even the conference, when it comes to them, because public schools have so much more money to burn. But they make across the board improvements- look and see what they've done for volleyball alone.
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

stuball888 wrote:Mathew we should not give Rabinowitz that much credit. Of course they would say he was instrumental. He is their boss. What got the wheels on motion was our game against Manhattan at Adelphi. Officials from the school and fans alike saw how superior their scoreboards and sound system was compared to ours
at adelphi? they have video boards?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Yes and an HD sound system that’s clear as a bell