Hofstra @ UNCW

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID74

Hofstra @ UNCW

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok rematch vs the Seahawks. We had our way with them a couple of weeks ago winning by 20. Does Rok continue his dominance vs. Cacock and do we continue our success on the road. we NEED this one to set up the game at home Thurs vs W @ M...Bring it on!
Last edited by HUSID74 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
triplec2195

Re: Hofstra @ UNCW

Post by triplec2195 »

I'll predict ROK continues to outplay Cacock and this will be a high scoring game which plays into our strength and we will win this game in a shoot out! We're a 3 point favorite per Newsday.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The line is up to 3.5. The payout for betting on who will win without a spread gives us a 61.2% chance to win. The over/under of 160.5 is tied for the tenth highest out of 107 games with over/unders today.

https://static.caasports.com/custompage ... m#team.ind has UNCW's statistics.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=190375 will have statistics.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

EvanJ wrote:The line is up to 3.5. The payout for betting on who will win without a spread gives us a 61.2% chance to win. The over/under of 160.5 is tied for the tenth highest out of 107 games with over/unders today.

https://static.caasports.com/custompage ... m#team.ind has UNCW's statistics.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=190375 will have statistics.
Evan what's your prediction? What's your crystal ball say??
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Evan, if you were legally betting, who would you take? You're our sabremetrics system here. You should start a thread of "EvanJ's Legal Bets Of The Night", and see how you do.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

W&M beat Delaware and Northeastern beat Towson. So a win would keep us tied for 3rd and 1 back of 2nd plus give us a 2 game lead on a top 4 spot with 4 games to play.

Also Drexel is hanging with CofC.
krood

Post by krood »

Dutchmen need to 'take care of business' tonite.
Get home and prepare for W&M at home.
No other outcome is acceptable!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

No Caocock in the starting lineup? Bryan Marcus is starting?
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: No Caocock in the starting lineup? Bryan Marcus is starting?
http://defiantlydutch.blogspot.com/2018 ... on_10.html is Jerry Beach's "I'll Be Quirky: UNC Wilmington."

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/uncw ... Type=video has video.

Hofstra is starting their usual starters. UNCW is starting Jaylen Fornes (sophomore guard), Jordon Talley (senior guard), Jay Estime (freshman guard), Ty Taylor (sophomore guard), and Marcus Bryan (senior forward). His name isn't Bryan Marcus. UNCW is very unusual in that they have two starters, Cacok and Bryan, who never attempt threes. It's Estime's third start. Devontae Cacok (junior forward) is not starting because of a technical foul.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Buie had a four-point play to give him 6 points, which is more than he averages, within 3:22. Hofstra leads 13-8. Pemberton hasn't scored. Gustys has 1 rebound.

Edit: Talley and Fornes, who combine to average 28.7 points, have 2 fouls each 8 minutes in. Hofstra blew a 7 point lead and now lead 18-16. Buie has 8 points.

Edit: After going down 3, Hofstra leads 34-32 with 3:56 left in the half. Wright-Foreman leads all scorers with 11. Pemberton has 4 on 2-7 shooting. Cacok has 8 points without a miss and 7 rebounds.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Getting embarrassed on the boards. Rok needs to prove to Cacock who's boss, like he did the last game.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Where's the defense from the other night...we look gassed...they have not played in a week...big difference.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

At halftime, UNCW has their largest lead at 42-37. Hofstra has shot well, but UNCW has 9 more rebounds and 9 more second chance points. Cacok leads all players in points with 14 and in rebounds with 10 and hasn't missed. Bryan has 8 points and 5 rebounds with only 1 miss. He's scored about 50% more than his average of 5.3. Talley had a bad half with 4 points, poor shooting, and 1 assist. He averages 16.7 points and 5.6 assists. Wright-Foreman is the only other double-digit scorer on each team with 11, but he last scored with 9:45 left. Buie has 8 points and 4 assists and hasn't missed. Gustys has 6 points and 5 rebounds. Pemberton is tied for the team lead in rebounds, and has more rebounds than points. He's scored 4 on 2-8 shooting. Ray has 4, Wormley and Sabety have 2, and Trueheart didn't attempt a shot on 6 minutes. Angus III and Radovic haven't played. Hofstra has avoided mistakes with 6 fouls and 3 turnovers, but is trailing due to defense and rebounding.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We look horrible. No excuse these guys are 18 to 22 yr olds. gassed come on they play 2 games a week.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Cacock now 20 points on 9-9 shooting.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

8 minutes into the second half and we've only gotten rebounds (in the half). WTF?
Has this team EVER performed well the game after a big win?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Can this team do anything besides shoot (and miss) 3's? Why am I wasting my Saturday night watching this crap?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Nearly unwatchable - can't buy a basket, turnovers left and right, zero D as usual, and having a clinic put on them by UNCW defenders, everyone looks way off - they're done, and so am I for tonight.

I know I know, UNCW is rested HU isn't - certainly a factor tonight unfortunately, but that's how it goes gotta find a way to perform.

Now do you see why huclassof19? What mid pack place is HU in now? I know it's been a bit negative lately but stick around love having you, in all seriousness - you have to understand, it's not just about this yr my friend... it's collective over 5.

Anyhoo I'm not surprised here, figured the W would come out different than last game, not an unexpected loss to me - doesn't excuse it but I'm not gonna go nuts, this is the inconsistency HU is and has displayed ALL yr - this is why I'm not there yet in the belief dept, just don't see it. Tonight I'm just praying JWF is fine...

WM looms large. Let's see how next week goes.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

A very poor showing for Hofstra. They have let Cacock go wild!!
Cards

Post by Cards »

just hilarious! Down by 20 with 33 seconds left and JM is arguing foul calls. Is that all he has!