HU currently has the most men's hoops POYs in the CAA

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

HU currently has the most men's hoops POYs in the CAA

Post by Polito »

Can't believe I didn't realize this off the top of my head, but HU so far has had 4, the most of any currents - and in the interest of not jinxing anything, will say no more!

Stokes, Jenkins (twice), Green

ODU and VCU also with 4, and Mason leads all time with 6

1) this is very cool
2) further shows talent level is not the root of the issue

It's really a shame HU has failed to capitalize on this with 0 NCAAT to show for it - but very cool none the less, especially considering the competitiveness and strong talent in the conf every yr - some great company and a real shot to take the lead in the very near future...

Hoping this next time around HU changes history, and MAKES IT, by going dancin'!
EvanJ

Re: HU currently has the most men's hoops POYs in the CAA

Post by EvanJ »

In the last 12 complete seasons, we've had our top scorer be first in the CAA 4 times, second in the CAA 4 times, third in the CAA 3 times, and 16th in the CAA when we stunk in 2012-2013. Stokes, Agudio, Jenkins, Moore, Upshaw, Green, Tanksley, and Wright-Foreman have all finished in the top 4 in the CAA in scoring.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

It really shows we don't have the depth to get over the top, and we live and die by our top players.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Yes one player does not a team make!!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Basically all guards....let's get a frontcourt POY and things may change
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

EvanJ wrote:In the last 12 complete seasons, we've had our top scorer be first in the CAA 4 times, second in the CAA 4 times, third in the CAA 3 times, and 16th in the CAA when we stunk in 2012-2013. Stokes, Agudio, Jenkins, Moore, Upshaw, Green, Tanksley, and Wright-Foreman have all finished in the top 4 in the CAA in scoring.
Those were some good - really good - players you listed. I have enjoyed watching all of them - but my favorite years are when we have a solid/deep team and a packed house.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:
EvanJ wrote:In the last 12 complete seasons, we've had our top scorer be first in the CAA 4 times, second in the CAA 4 times, third in the CAA 3 times, and 16th in the CAA when we stunk in 2012-2013. Stokes, Agudio, Jenkins, Moore, Upshaw, Green, Tanksley, and Wright-Foreman have all finished in the top 4 in the CAA in scoring.
Those were some good - really good - players you listed. I have enjoyed watching all of them - but my favorite years are when we have a solid/deep team and a packed house.
Amen to that Evan. It's all about team!!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Oh, is that all they need HUSID?!? :D

"Don't you think they know that!!! Don't you think they're working their butts off to land that guy!! I'm sure they have a plan, and will keep it under wraps! With all due respect you don't know what they're doing, who they're going after, and it isn't on verbal commits - recruiting is much harder for a mid than any of you realize - maybe you should offer your expertise and counsel since you seem to have the answer!!!"

Hahaha, just having some fun, a little taste of your own medicine eh HUSID - mmmm good right!