Game 15 - JMU

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

Game 15 - JMU

Post by Jojogunne »

Wonder if JMU will make it here before the bombogenesis strikes.
triplec2195

Re: Game 15 - JMU

Post by triplec2195 »

You better hope they show it's a game that I feel very confidant about and I don't feel that way too often. A nice win would be a plus going into the game against Elon with some momentum. If we win the next two games at home all of a sudden a lot of people who were ready to start a search for a new coach will call the DOGS off!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So a 6 inch snowfall is call a Genisis Bomb. What do they get in Buffalo when its 36 inches Ammarrgedan . The press is so pathetic that they have to make these things up. remember a cold front from canada is now called a Polar Vortex.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Jojogunne wrote:Wonder if JMU will make it here before the bombogenesis strikes.
I would hope that knowing the storm was coming that they would have left yesterday...then again, I wouldn't mind them arriving 20 min before games time after an epic 36 hour bus ride!
Polito

Post by Polito »

I saw on Yahoo the other day these weather people calling this a Bomb Cyclone :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean the fearmongering is truly ridiculous. Here's what I see: 6-10 inches of snow, some high wind, and frigid temps? Yep, sounds like a normal January Nor'easter in NY. There is nothing epic about this. Now down south they might see some new things, lol, but again we're talking less than 3 inches of snow that will be gone down there in no time.

Bomb Cyclone... these people need a smack in the head.

Def hope the game is on tonight just to get it in. Another W would of course be great, but a couple of wins does nothing in terms of settling anything. The only thing that will or should call off any dogs is the NCAAT. Period. Regular season wins have been done before and frankly are expected with this team. Win the CAAT and get to the damn dance, or feel the well-deserved heat.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: Def hope the game is on tonight just to get it in.
The game is tomorrow.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Polito wrote:I saw on Yahoo the other day these weather people calling this a Bomb Cyclone :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean the fearmongering is truly ridiculous. Here's what I see: 6-10 inches of snow, some high wind, and frigid temps? Yep, sounds like a normal January Nor'easter in NY. There is nothing epic about this. Now down south they might see some new things, lol, but again we're talking less than 3 inches of snow that will be gone down there in no time.

Bomb Cyclone... these people need a smack in the head.

Def hope the game is on tonight just to get it in. Another W would of course be great, but a couple of wins does nothing in terms of settling anything. The only thing that will or should call off any dogs is the NCAAT. Period. Regular season wins have been done before and frankly are expected with this team. Win the CAAT and get to the damn dance, or feel the well-deserved heat.
WHO LET THE DOGS OUT???? WHERE ARE THEY LOL!!!!!!
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Yep, I can't wait for tipoff at 6pm!
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol, oopsies, I meant tomorrow 8-)
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:Yep, I can't wait for tipoff at 6pm!
Central time!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

OK so I meant to ask this question and maybe somebody already did. I didn't c the 1st half of the last game. How was it that KW only played 3 minutes and Buie 9??
Buie actually started. Was Wormley sick or hurt?? Per the box score Radovic played 19 minutes ,Trueheart played 15 and Ray played 28 minutes. Is this the team of the future since we aren't getting good PG play and not playing good defense. MR is a very hot and cold shooter but does play some D and can rebound. We have already seen plenty of JR and no if he gets on a roll we could get some scoring from him but is this a vote of confidence on his ability to play defense?? We have seen ST make contributions and no he can block shots, rebound and score both inside and beyond the perimeter. He also appears to be a decent FT shooter. So is the writing on the wall for both Buie and Wormley and has JA status changed?? All good food for thought!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

triplec2195 wrote:OK so I meant to ask this question and maybe somebody already did. I didn't c the 1st half of the last game. How was it that KW only played 3 minutes and Buie 9??
Buie actually started. Was Wormley sick or hurt?? Per the box score Radovic played 19 minutes ,Trueheart played 15 and Ray played 28 minutes. Is this the team of the future since we aren't getting good PG play and not playing good defense. MR is a very hot and cold shooter but does play some D and can rebound. We have already seen plenty of JR and no if he gets on a roll we could get some scoring from him but is this a vote of confidence on his ability to play defense?? We have seen ST make contributions and know he can block shots, rebound and score both inside and beyond the perimeter. He also appears to be a decent FT shooter. So is the writing on the wall for both Buie and Wormley and has JA status changed?? All good food for thought!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The university is closed again tomorrow, but the game is still on. I assume JMU is already in the area
https://twitter.com/HofstraU/status/949047518687649792
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

HUSID74 wrote:
joeg1 wrote:Yep, I can't wait for tipoff at 6pm!
Central time!
Just messin' with our resident fact checker. What do they say? It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I'll drink to that!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Cocktails at 6 EST in the Pride Lounge. Should be an intimate gathering. We should ALL make an effort to be there!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Glad to see them getting the game in.

triplec, as far as Wormley, I've beat that horse to death so I'll try to refrain from going ballistic again - called this from during his recruitment before he even committed. Has no business being the starting or major minute PG for HU in the CAA if they have any real aspirations of winning anything of substance. VERY frustrating one for me as this was clear as day, and if it's clear to me as a casual recruitnik there is no excuse for the staff to whiff on the #1 position of need in that class.

Of course I didn't get it all right - I predicted he would put up half the numbers of Powers, and he likely won't even come close to that. That said, if he is used properly, ie 5ish or so minutes per game, he could be somewhat serviceable and offer fouls and some rest for others.

Thankfully, they hit all 7's with JWF. Unfortunately, 1 man a team does not make. EP, Gustys, Angus, and the rest need to seriously man up and start performing like D1 scholly starters on a consistent basis, or it will be another conf POY-type stud down the drain.

Interested to see if Trueheart gets a lot of PT tonight and how he performs against his almost team - would love for him to showcase what they're missing - hope he and others ball out!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

triplec2195 wrote: We have seen ST make contributions and no he can block shots, rebound and score both inside and beyond the perimeter.
He's third on the team in rebounds per minute. I didn't realize how many shots he's blocked. He's 16th in the CAA in blocked shots per game with only 9.3 minutes per game.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Thinking long term, I believe both ST and MR will both develop into real contributors. Both have size, can run, rebound and shoot the 3. Both also have a full 4 years to play at HU. ST seems to be a little further along in his development, but recall he did redshirt last season, whereas MR is a true freshman. And MR lack of experience shows - he looks a little nervous out there, does not hold on to the ball for more than a second or two, and (I believe) his inexperience is why his shooting seems to be streaky. St has more confidence and under the right circumstances can be tough for teams to match up against.

Going forward, I am more concerned about bigs. Next year HU needs a player(s) who can be relied upon to play D and rebound. Scoring is a plus. JUCO and Freshman - need to land two solid recruits.

If HU shows up tonight, should be an easy W. I would like to see RG put together back to back solid games. Would also like to see EP regain his old game.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Just received an email from the Athletic Department reminding us of the game tonight...hope we can get a couple of people there.

Agree Cards, that MR and ST have been pleasant surprises and they should become real factors at the 4 spot, also agree we need at least wo decent bigs...hopefully ones who can run the floor and disrupt other teams offenses with blocks, etc...we are woefully weak in that department.

Also wouldn't hurt to find another PG...one to bring along next year...