LED Scoreboard

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jojogunne

LED Scoreboard

Post by Jojogunne »

While watching our last two MBB games online, I noticed that both Monmouth and Rider have LED screens in their gymnasiums. Monmouth has a four-panel LED scoreboard while Rider has a single large LED screen on the wall behind one its baskets.

These screens can't be that expensive, especially if you factor in the sponsorship (naming rights) and advertising possibilities.

Maybe our next AD could work some magic and upgrade our scoreboard with LED panels.
stuball888

Re: LED Scoreboard

Post by stuball888 »

We need a whole new scoreboard. Our scoreboard is now antiquated compared to other schools. We need to invest and get a corporate name on this board.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I always liked this scoreboard but noticed for the first time this year it wasn't working at the Army game and was intermittent at the Molloy game. Why can't it be fixed properly??
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Our scoreboard and paper dasher boards are an embarrassment for this University.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

I definitely get it costs money but they are doing capital improvements for the general college and specifically the athletic department. I remember over the summer they had an article on all the athletic improvements they were doing including the softball field and improvements to the PFC. In recent years they created the practice facility for the basketball teams. They definitely are spending money on the athletic plant, property & equipment. Hopefully this scoreboard is the next project on the list for them.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Men’s basketball is your flagship sport. You need to address this now. Waiting will not help with recruiting. Maybe another project can be delayed to take care of this problem now. athletic fundraising should be a priority
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Agreed Stu but we never seem to get a straight answer on the scoreboard...Don't know why they can't at least fix the blinking lights on the East side of the board though.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Husid. It’s the holiday season. Don’t you know it’s holiday lights. Heaven forbid someone says Merry Christmas on a college campus today
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thought the same thing Jojo...watching a MAAC school with a scoreboard that's actually watchable, and HU can't even manage to fix some broken bulbs. :evil: :shock: :oops: :? :roll:

It's shameful.

Agree 100% HUSID and Stu, the HU administration should be absolutely embarrassed and taking rapid action. Disgraceful for a D1 CAA school in NY. I emailed them about it awhile back - CRICKETS.

This is the flagship sport, and should be treated as such. That's how the business of college athletics works, and EVERY other school in America does the same w/hoops and/or football.

Sorry, some of the other stuff can wait - HU hoops needs to come first when it's something right in the public eye like this.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

SBU has a nice LED screen in its new arena.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Speaking of scoreboards (in this thread), I found it really odd that so much money and effort was spent to refurbish the Coliseum (and they did a nice job doing it), and after all of that, they have an old-school style scoreboard for the team names, score and clock. Like, after everything else they did in that place, THAT'S where they drew the line? lol. Was surprised to see that instead of the traditional newer scoreboards for the game info. like they've done at MSG.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Wags wrote:Speaking of scoreboards (in this thread), I found it really odd that so much money and effort was spent to refurbish the Coliseum (and they did a nice job doing it), and after all of that, they have an old-school style scoreboard for the team names, score and clock. Like, after everything else they did in that place, THAT'S where they drew the line? lol. Was surprised to see that instead of the traditional newer scoreboards for the game info. like they've done at MSG.
Totally agree...virtually no information...never knew player points scored, etc...
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

While they're at it the sound system stinks. Half the time I can't understand the PA announcer. I thought it was me but others feel (hear) the same poor quality. This was confirmed at the Adelphi locale when "our" announcer was clear as a bell.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The newer sound systems have what we call HD sound. The filters are so much more advanced. Hofstra needs to scrap the old scoreboard and sound system and get into the 21st century. it’s time to invest in your flagship sport
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Just because it was driving me crazy I'll mention that the freakin scoreboard was flickering the entire game. They just can't/won't fix this thing correctly!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I am going to bring it up again at tomorrow's game...embarrassing....the JMU was flickering the whole time and much of the information....player numbers, points etc. was occasionally flickering....embarrassing for this University.