Game 10 - Stony Brook

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Game 10 - Stony Brook

Post by ProudofPride »

The (not so) classy school out east disabled purchasing single games tickets corn SBU vs HU, only partial/season tickets holders get them. Does Hofstra get a block they can sell, or are HU fans forced to either not go, or purchase tickets to multiple games? In my opinion, that’s Stony Brook’s way of saying that they’re scared of us.

http://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/2 ... ckets.aspx
stuball888

Re: Game 10 - Stony Brook

Post by stuball888 »

No is giving us the d middle finger salute. They know they can sell out the game to their fan base they want them to buy tickets to other games. They are dealing from strength
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

stuball888 wrote:No is giving us the d middle finger salute. They know they can sell out the game to their fan base they want them to buy tickets to other games. They are dealing from strength
It will not be a sellout...you're smoking their dope...my brother in law is a season ticket holder and he will get me tix...Hofstra will have an allocation...call the ticket office...Hope we do smoke them...then can't wait to read the excuses Nesday makes for them.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Wow. Such a crazy move. Just assumed this was a game I could grab tickets a week or so before. Will have to reach out to Hofstra to see what they have.
Cards

Post by Cards »

As I recall, It was the same deal 2 years ago. All who went to the game purchased tix through HU. We had a block of seats in a corner section not too far from the students section. I will be there this season as well.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Same thing happened to me two years ago and I sent an angry email and to their credit they got right back and clarified that individual tickets would be opening up close to the date of game. Hopefully same thing happens this year.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

HofstraPride1 wrote:Same thing happened to me two years ago and I sent an angry email and to their credit they got right back and clarified that individual tickets would be opening up close to the date of game. Hopefully same thing happens this year.
That makes sense, they want their fans to get the first crack at the tickets. Looks like they've done the same for their home games against Albany and Vermont. Honestly, I'm glad we get that respect haha.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Island Federal Credit Union Arena has a capacity of 4,160. Last season they led the America East with an average of 3,221, which was 2.42 times the America East median of 1,330. In 2015-2016 they got 3,334 when they hosted us, which was below their average of 3,426, which was their highest average ever.
Polito

Post by Polito »

There is but one mission for this game:

Complete and total annihilation of the 'wolves by the good forces of HU. Absolute destruction by the blue and gold.

If we can pack out some Dutch Nation fans in there, even sweeter.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Does anyone have any current info. on getting tickets for this game? I would like to see Hofstra beat these guys although I saw parts of their game against Michigan state and they played well.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Revised Hope:

Forget blowing them out, just win. Will literally take ANY win, ANY way. I honestly don't care about style or them living up to full potential/expectations anymore, it's completely useless and a waste of good energy to bother looking for more. Just win.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Recvd this email from Mike Neely regarding tickets - Seats are located in the corner of the arena (I think they are the same as two years ago)

Thank you for your continued support of Hofstra Basketball and Hofstra Athletics!

The Hofstra Men’s Basketball team will play at Stony Brook on Tuesday, December 12 at 7 p.m. We have received a limited allotment of tickets for this game.

The seats are located in Section 104 and cost $18 per ticket. These tickets can be purchased through the Hofstra Athletics Ticket Office until December 7, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.

If you would like to purchase tickets, contact the Hofstra Athletics Ticket Office at (516) HOF-TIXX (463-8499) or AthleticTickets@Hofstra.edu.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I've never been there but when they're on the opposite side on offense you might need really good eyes or maybe binoculars to see??
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

triplec2195 wrote:I've never been there but when they're on the opposite side on offense you might need really good eyes or maybe binoculars to see??
The arena has good sight lines. The seats are closer to the floor than at the Mack; it is more of a steeper compact arena.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I have two extra tickets to the game. Section 111 row L....I will sell them for the face price of $22 each. I got them through my brother-in-law who is a Stony ticket holder...feel free to let me know on this thread...first come first served!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

So no one is going? These are the best tix we can get as HU fans....Come on guys!
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:So no one is going? These are the best tix we can get as HU fans....Come on guys!
I'll be there with theee others but already got tickets.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

The HU-SBU game will be carried on ESPN-3. This means the game can be replayed.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

John will let you know in three days I have to see if I can get off of work in time.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

stuball888 wrote:John will let you know in three days I have to see if I can get off of work in time.
Ok Stu, thanks