Game 7 - Medaille

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: Game 7 - Medaille

Post by Cards »

Before anyone thinks we turned the corner, look at these results. Coppin State who we beat by 2 at home is losing to Div2 Chestnut Hill 40-33 in the second half. Manhattan who beat us by 12 was down 60-27 to #25 West Virginia. now down 79-39.
And looking ahead..... last night UK beat Arizona State 115 to 69. Kentucky has sooooo much talent. I watched a few minutes of the game - they just keep pushing the ball and everyone on their team can run and handle the ball, its very impressive! Basically its a team of 5 star recruits, most of whom will go pro and never finish college.

As long as HU makes a decent showing, it will be great to get on the national stage and get experience against TOP level competition.
mlevin2

Post by mlevin2 »

I'm real nervous HU will get embarrassed on ESPN. Lets hope we stay within 30 pts..
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

stuball888 wrote:Before anyone thinks we turned the corner, look at these results. Coppin State who we beat by 2 at home is losing to Div2 Chestnut Hill 40-33 in the second half. Manhattan who beat us by 12 was down 60-27 to #25 West Virginia. now down 79-39.
Not worried. Don't forget our beloved team last year did the same thing. We play each game the same and didn't look at the other teams' stats. Only beat Canisius at home by only 11, but only being up by 2 at the half. We ended up going on to beat Florida State University 82-77 not too long after that. Looking at all of our games last year, we played each game the same no matter the opponent and kept it close. Now I understand Coppin State is worse that Canisius, but I really don't wanna make something out of nothing. We are now reading into Coppin State's game against a Division II team and judging OUR team because of it? This thread is about our game against DIII Medaille College, and we beat them handily.

Also not saying Florida State is Kentucky. We scheduled this Kentucky game knowing it will probably not be a win. We scheduled this game giving a team of young guys, and upperclassmen that will unfortunately probably not play in the NBA, the chance to play at the New Coliseum (Barclay's Center), against an upper tier team, in front of a probable large crowd on National Television, and maybe give them a run for their money or even an upset. Otherwise, this is an experience for the guys and the fans. Again, not worried.
Polito

Post by Polito »

These are the kind of games we have ALL been asking for, nay BEGGING for, for years.

Can't shy away now. Play the game and see what happens.

UK is ridiculous - 5 star rotation every year. A full lineup of true NBA talent. Tough for anyone to battle that... but they do lose from time to time. They are young, and not perfect. They have to gel as a team every year. They may have an off shooting night. HU may play waaay above their grade for one night...just 40 min. Upsets do happen.

It's David vs Goliath - HU has nothing to lose. Put your guys against theirs and let the chips fall where they may.

With Nova next yr, this could be a nice prep for that, and setup HU for a shock the world moment in that game. Or could be this one. Or it could be neither lol.

No matter what happens, these are the games bold programs play - and sometimes they win. And for years we've all been whining that HU isn't that team. Well they've got some shots this yr and next so far, and quite frankly, I want HU to keep scheduling games like this every yr.

Eventually they'll get one, and we will all go ballistic and scream how worth it all those other trys were!!!