Jerseys

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Jordan

Jerseys

Post by Jordan »

This might not be thread worthy, but just thought it was worth pointing out the new sleek and modern designed jerseys for this year. I really enjoy them a lot more than in previous years, especially the blue ones. Sadly I couldn't attend Midnight Madness, hope it went well and was enjoyable, but from the video posted on Facebook, I seem to really enjoy them at first glance.

More importantly though, I noticed that they decided to go with the last names on the backs. Something I am not sure they have done in a while (if ever) so if anybody knows/remembers if/when they ever decided to go with this in the past, I am very curious to know. I am sure this probably helps with television commentators and new fans attending the game. But not sure how I feel about it. When I first asked my father, "Why don't they have their names on the back?" He'd always respond with "It's not about the name on the back, it's about the name on the front"
screen-shot-2016-10-27-at-10-2-2.png
screen-shot-2016-10-27-at-10-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProudofPride

Re: Jerseys

Post by ProudofPride »

The women had those uniforms last year, and it was especially nice having the names on the back during times when I couldn't stream with audio, like at work. I was hoping the men would get them as well and I'm glad they did.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

ProudofPride wrote:The women had those uniforms last year, and it was especially nice having the names on the back during times when I couldn't stream with audio, like at work. I was hoping the men would get them as well and I'm glad they did.
Oh nice. I figured that was the case. I know for a fact my mother who attends a couple of games a year, and any guests I invite will surely love it as it helps to follow the game and the team in general throughout the season.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Hofstra Has NEVER had names on the back of any men's' sports uniforms until last night. Great to see! But they were pretty hard to read and the names were small, particularly with long or hyphenated names...PROGRESS!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Love the uni design - very slick

I may be minority, but I'm not a fan of names on the back in college - it's just not about that at this level...at least, it shouldn't be. But I do get the value of it for fans and media to decipher who's who 8-)
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

It's also for the kids...they want their names on their backs...Recruits take note!
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I like it, a partial throwback to our '05-'06 jerseys. As for the names on the back, I'm all for that too, but they are barely legible from the stands!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Agreed it needs to be cleaned up. Just white letters on blue uniforms and blue letters on white. Don't try to be too fancy. Keep it simple