WRHU Ranked Best in the Nation

Everything else
ProudofPride

WRHU Ranked Best in the Nation

Post by ProudofPride »

Congrats to Hofstra Radio (WRHU) for being ranked the number 1 college radio station in the nation! http://news.hofstra.edu/2014/08/04/wrhu ... ation-u-s/
Justin

Re: WRHU Ranked Best in the Nation

Post by Justin »

Awesome news! Congratulations to WRHU!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Well-deserved recognition for a quality radio team. However, I wish our own sports broadcasts could take priority over the Islanders games and the community programming that WRHU carries. That CT station has a very weak signal in Nassau County.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Jojo if you remember, a while back rabinowitz cut some funding to the radio station with the idea that Hofstra sports was going to be going more for webcasts. That is the future I believe of Hofstra sports broadcasts. I agree that the CT favors the north shore of Long Island.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Don't forget that the Islanders games are a much, much better opportunity for the radio students than doing the Hofstra games. From an academic standpoint, the Islanders SHOULD be a priority.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

It probably brings in more money for the university. What I would like to see is another AM station, say 1440AM I believe is WBAB. to do some of our sports such as Mens and womens basketball, both soccer games and mens and womens lax along with baseball and softabll. I am sure a deal can be done with a simulcast with these two stations.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »