Everything else
HofstraHockey

Miss America

Post by HofstraHockey »

Is a Hofstra grad. More good press.
HofstraPride1

Re: Miss America

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Great news! Also is impressive how bright she seems being a Hofstra Honors College graduate who is planning to attend Fordham Law School.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Too bad she is not attending Hofstra Law
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

If I read her bio correctly she has more than one major and degree from Hofstra. Rabinowitz should just offer her a free scholly to Hofstra law. You cant buy this publicity.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Newsday reports that she was thrown out of her sorority while at Hofstra because she made a joke about hazing.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I saw that Stu and she addressed issue in a blog and on Good Morning America. Hopefully this issue will blow over and she can get positive coverage while performing her Miss America duties during the next year. It certainly does shine a light though on how ugly Greek pledging process can get at Hofstra and all schools.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I would have to go with a .0001% chance that whatever she did was a joke. I'm sure she'll say it is, and I'm sure the sorority will say it is (since they don't want people not to join...) but let's be real here. Nobody gets kicked out of a frat or sorority for vulgar language and joking in an email.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Remember Hofstrahockey that the only reason she got kicked out was not showing up to the hearing since it was the end of the semester. Had she fought it result may have been different. Either way this should not distract from her other amazing accomplishments and if anybody is equipped to change the narrative back in her favor it's Kira.