Hempstead Was Mentioned On www.concacaf.com

Everything else
EvanJ

Hempstead Was Mentioned On www.concacaf.com

Post by EvanJ »

http://www.concacaf.com/article/flores- ... osmos-form is titled "Flores aims to aid El Salvador with NY Cosmos’ form" and begins with "HEMPSTEAD, New York." It's notable for Hempstead to be mentioned on a soccer website with viewers around the world.
Wags

Re: Hempstead Was Mentioned On www.concacaf.com

Post by Wags »

Belson Stadium at St John's -- Not Hofstra -- would host this year's NASL title game next weekend, should the Cosmos play in it.

Very disappointing and doesn't make much sense. HU a MUCH better place to host a title game for the Cosmos and for the league. High school football title games are on 11/12 at Hofstra, but the Cosmos would host the title game on 11/13, whch appears open at Hofstra. Can't understand why Belson would get the nod.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Well so much for the Cosmos. Again.

They rebooted in 2013 after a 29-year hiatus, playing for the past four seasons at Hofstra.

Made the playoffs all four years and created a second dynasty with 3 NASL titles in that span.

But mainly because they almost never drew well in the past four years and then with Hofstra not wanting them back for next year (or even to host this year's Soccer Bowl), the Cosmos have terminated all player contracts and are once again on their way out. Shame to see on organization with so much success on the field have to shut down its franchise, especially when it's a famous international brand like the Cosmos playing at our school. Oh well. Was fun while it lasted (for the relatively few who witnessed it over the past four years). I guess any sort of football, even futbol, can't last in that stadium.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Why did Hofstra not want them back?
Wags

Post by Wags »

stuball888 wrote:Why did Hofstra not want them back?
They cited some bad fan behavior incidents in the past, but none that I heard about during the entire 2016 season; it was during 2015, and very infrequent. It was overblown and likely used a weak excuse for Hofstra doing something it wanted to do anyway. My guess is if the stadium were selling out on a regular basis and there was a lot of buzz and hype around the team, and Hofstra got to be the host for that, they'd have easily overlooked the reasons they cited to end the relationship.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually I back Hofstra administration on this one. All you need is one bad incident and parents will think twice before sending their kids to this campus.