Fordham

Discussions about the rest of the college sports world
ProudofPride

Fordham

Post by ProudofPride »

Besides Pecora and Fordham continuing to be shit-shows, Fordham announced today that Jon Severe is taking a leave of absence from the team… The Fordham board thinks he's completely done with basketball there and will be transferring. Any chance he comes here? Do we even want him? http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... al-reasons
Jojogunne

Re: Fordham

Post by Jojogunne »

Well, Severe did play at Christ the King, so maybe Speedy knows him. But if Severe has any baggage at all, I say good to him somewhere else.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We'll Fordham has lost two straight to umbc and Maryland Eastern Shore. That's two of the worst teams on their cupcake schedule. I can't see how Pecora will survive after this year. I am glad for two things. One is that David Duke left and is the head coach at Adelphi. The other is that we have Joe Mihalic as our coach.
Polito

Post by Polito »

yeah, I'd say if TP doesn't get things on the winning track this yr at FU he's likely gone - I can't imagine the admin justifying another horrible year with no progress...

hate to knock TP, he's an HU guy regardless, but I kind of hope they have a decent season so he stays because sorry to say but I don't consider them a threat to HU's future in any way with TP at the helm :P

as for Severe, lot of talent, but I agree if he has any major baggage whatsoever HU should pass - don't want to judge the kid as I have no clue what's been going on, but either way I have no doubt at all that JM will do what's right in this case
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Fordham's problem isn't so much Pecora as it is their delusional thinking that they can compete in the A-10 with their antiquated facilities, etc...they should go Patriot League or come play format in the CAA!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

HUSID80 you mean doormat?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Tom Pecora hit a new milestone at Fordham tonight - his 100th loss, as the rams lost to UMass. His record at FU is now 39-100.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The record more most losses in 5 years by the same coach is 108. Looks like TP will come close. Understand that he is have game day practice. His team was leading at the half against UMass then blew it in the second half. watched the game on TV and they looked gassed in the second half. Players seem to lack conditioning.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Too many big Italian dinners?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Congrats to coach pecora on another 20 loss season. That 4 out of the 5 seasons he has been at Fordham.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Pecora was officially fired today.