MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:
Polito wrote:Holy cow, Carleton Bragg - big time recruit at one time, he must have really gone through some ish to be in this position. This would be his THIRD transfer, Kansas (was suspended there) to ASU (left for personal reasons) to X... right off the bat doesn't sound like a guy HU would be comfortable with, surprised to see them mentioned.

But I guess when a 5 star McD's All-American top 25 national player with pro potential for a position of great need comes into the picture, you become open minded real fast :D

I think the fact he's more of a mid-west guy doesn't seem likely for HU - but some mid major will likely get an impact player with this one.
This has Mo Cassara era written all over it...I would stay CLEAR
I don't know how good a vetting process we had during the MO era and how this whole thing blew up in our face but aside from Jimmy Hall who later transferred to Kent State and had a career there we took in Taran Buie who had off campus issues at Penn State and Jamaal Combs-McDaniel who eventually left UCONN after getting arrested for possession of marijuana. JCM never played a second for us. I like the idea of staying clear of this guy depending on what the vetting process shows? You need to have some principles in developing your program even when the temptation is very compelling.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Nice post Proud of Pride! Thanks for the info. Another possible Ray Of Hope for this soon to be vacated position!
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

TripleC, you want him or you don't?

I would LOVE this dude..
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Hofstra wrote:TripleC, you want him or you don't?

I would LOVE this dude..
I know this staff is acutely aware of our history - and any player like this is going vetted properly - go get him - when would he eligible?
Cards

Post by Cards »

so I do not see him listed in ASU stats for this season. Did he not play at all? Was he sitting out this year? And of course, does that mean he is eligible next year if he registers for the fall 2018 semester? Oh yeah, and is there any chance in heck we get this guy :lol:
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

daHUPride wrote:

I would LOVE this dude..
I know this staff is acutely aware of our history - and any player like this is going vetted properly - go get him - when would he eligible?
Of course u want this kid but would he be coming with baggage???
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

ticket punched right here...

https://youtu.be/FH1b5ihD1KE
krood

Post by krood »

triplec2195 wrote:
daHUPride wrote:

I would LOVE this dude..
Of course u want this kid but would he be coming with baggage???
Doubt this kid would be accepted under Jeff Hathaway's watch.
Hope HU learned its lesson under Mo's watch??
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Another I just watched has great potential. unfortunately he is in the class of 2019. Watch out for Isaiah Stewart. He is a still growing 6ft8 235 pound forward from Rochester NY. He plays for La Lumiere High school. Great hands, runs the floor well and is extremely polished for a junior.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Agreed KRood, don't know if we need the headaches, although I trust this staff to make the right decisions. This guy has Iona written on his forehead
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

HUSID, at one point, I personally would like to take a chance on one of these Iona guys. I am not saying load up the teams with them, but if we can snag a guy like Bragg, I am all for it. He is the type of talent that might propel us to the promised land (ncaa tourney).
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

dutchalum01 wrote:ticket punched right here...

https://youtu.be/FH1b5ihD1KE
This guy has some skill set looks like an NBA type player but realistically as a lot of u salivate lets play the DEVILS ADVOCATE! Why would this 4/5 star player who's from OHIO be compelled to play at Hofstra. He comes from a P5 backround. OK our conference is respectable but not what he's used to playing in and sparse crowds at the Mack is certainly not going to overwhelm him. I think once again we are pinning r hopes on something that's not likely to happen. I'll however dream with the rest of you!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I just revisited the Rothstein tweet and noticed something I didn't pay attention to the 1st time around. Arizona State transfer Carlton Bragg tells me in addition to Grand Canyon, he's also considering Western Kentucky, Kent State, Akron, Buffalo, SMU, and Hofstra. That's the school KENT STATE where Jimmy Hall transferred to so if u have game there's almost always going to be room for these kind of players at the basketball rehab facility at Kent State. Some of u guys noted he would end up at Iona but Kent State a more likely final destination also it's in his home state!! AGREED??
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

triplec2195 wrote:
I just revisited the Rothstein tweet and noticed something I didn't pay attention to the 1st time around. Arizona State transfer Carlton Bragg tells me in addition to Grand Canyon, he's also considering Western Kentucky, Kent State, Akron, Buffalo, SMU, and Hofstra. That's the school KENT STATE where Jimmy Hall transferred to so if u have game there's almost always going to be room for these kind of players at the basketball rehab facility at Kent State. Some of u guys noted he would end up at Iona but Kent State a more likely final destination also it's in his home state!! AGREED??

I agree - to some extent. Kent State and Akron - close to home; Buffalo - Hurley might be helping him out (a good sign) steering him to his old stomping ground. Hofstra - not sure why we'd be on his list-is there a connection to an old coach or mentor-I dont know.
dutchalum01

MBB Recruits 2018

Post by dutchalum01 »

No chance he ends up a Flying Dutchmen - kid is a baller and it’s fun seeing us considered. However, I’m with everyone else, Kent State is the school.
Polito

Post by Polito »

None of those schools are anything special. Not like HU can't compete, no UK's on that list. For not one single P5 to be in on this is a red flag. WKU is the best of the bunch, and I have feelings that program is willing to do some things others aren't - their meteoric rise in recruit rankings recently doesn't add up.

Anyway, there are some issues here that even the big boys aren't willing to overlook - considering he's an NBA level talent, that says a LOT.

Either way, no chance he comes east IMO, he's a mid-west guy and will likely stay that way. This is one high profile transfer that even Iona won't land - for once! :lol:
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:None of those schools are anything special. Not like HU can't compete, no UK's on that list. For not one single P5 to be in on this is a red flag. WKU is the best of the bunch, and I have feelings that program is willing to do some things others aren't - their meteoric rise in recruit rankings recently doesn't add up.

Anyway, there are some issues here that even the big boys aren't willing to overlook - considering he's an NBA level talent, that says a LOT.

Either way, no chance he comes east IMO, he's a mid-west guy and will likely stay that way. This is one high profile transfer that even Iona won't land - for once! :lol:
Agreed but I'm sure there r a lot of schools that would give him a shot based on his skill set however guys like Taran Buie a two time offender found a lot of doors closed when he came a calling!!
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Don't know how he'd ever want to come here BUT he'd be the most talented player ever for HU. Could actually put fannies in the seats - worth the gamble!
krood

Post by krood »

HU should let guys like this go......
Whenever I read about kids like this, I ask, 'What would Bob McKillop do? He builds quality programs with quality kids......
More important question, how do we lose a Lutheran kid to Weber St.?
Hofstra should get every LI-prospect below a 4-star!
No excuses!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

krood wrote:HU should let guys like this go......
Whenever I read about kids like this, I ask, 'What would Bob McKillop do? He builds quality programs with quality kids......
More important question, how do we lose a Lutheran kid to Weber St.?
Hofstra should get every LI-prospect below a 4-star!
No excuses!
Agree on this kid... don't understand the Weber St decision but kids on LI don't want to stay here... you were an exception!