Coaches leaving

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Coaches leaving

Post by stuball888 »

I hope this is not the new norm but this past off season we lost 4 coaches covering 5 sports. That is a 30% turnover. Hard to build programs with that kind of turnover. Softball, tennis mens and womens, x-country and volleyball.
HofstraPride1

Re: Coaches leaving

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I don't think there is any cause for concern Stu since each isolated case had it's own reason behind it.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Softball I wonder since Bill Edwards was so close to 1,000 wins. Even after talk to his wife Janie, she gave me no reason for wanting Bill to be home but was looking forward to him continue coaching. As far as tennis, x-country and Volleyball. these sports I dont think have had coaches avg 4 years or more (A recruiting class). You cant build programs with this amount of coaching changes. Tough to recruit players if coaches will leave before their first recruiting class.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Make that 6 coaches that left, since Rob Anspach left the wrestling program, and not even for another coaching position.

There has been a lot of turn over between coaches and players this off season, among many sports. 6 coaches, 3 MBB players (4 if you count the fact that Adam Savion is no longer on the roster), 2 WBB players (Ruth Sherrill and Alexis Carter), and Maggie Hawkins from SB.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I dont know if this is true or not but was told the school took away control of the summer camps from the coaches. In past I believe the coaches got the lions share and divided it among the coaching staff. Now the loins share goes to the school with the coaches getting a few thousand for their efforts. I think a lot of asst coaches depended on that money to help with the high cost of living on Long Island. HUSID80 might have the answer.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Stu was not aware of that change...where does the revenue go?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Dont have the details. I was told this by a friend of one of the coaches who left.