WRHU Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: WRHU Sports

Post by triplec2195 »

I'm clueless about when there is post game coverage however I happened to throw on WRHU and was pleasantly surprised to find a post game show AS I drove home. I really missed both the pre and post coverage of the games and they should find a way to bring this back on. The radio hosts were saying that there were 3 teams that could win the championship here and according to them they are W&M, COC and Hofstra. I really can't agree with this what happened to NE??
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

They had a pregame as well and played an interview with coach during it. Its definitely nice to be able to listen to on the way to the game and on the way home. Hope this continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

One downside of the CAA changing weekday games from Wednesdays to Thursdays is that it makes Hofstra play at the same time as the Islanders more often. Over the next five weeks, the NHL has three times as many games on Thursdays as on Wednesdays.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

EvanJ wrote:One downside of the CAA changing weekday games from Wednesdays to Thursdays is that it makes Hofstra play at the same time as the Islanders more often. Over the next five weeks, the NHL has three times as many games on Thursdays as on Wednesdays.
Over the next five weeks, the NHL has 2.4117647 as many games on Thurs as they do on Wed
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

joeg1 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:One downside of the CAA changing weekday games from Wednesdays to Thursdays is that it makes Hofstra play at the same time as the Islanders more often. Over the next five weeks, the NHL has three times as many games on Thursdays as on Wednesdays.
Over the next five weeks, the NHL has 2.4117647 as many games on Thurs as they do on Wed
Holy S........ what's with the insane stats???
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

joeg1 wrote:
EvanJ wrote: One downside of the CAA changing weekday games from Wednesdays to Thursdays is that it makes Hofstra play at the same time as the Islanders more often. Over the next five weeks, the NHL has three times as many games on Thursdays as on Wednesdays.
That's 41/17. ESPN says:

February 8: 9
February 15: 11 (20 total)
February 22: 11 (31 total)
March 1: 8 (39 total)
March 8: 12 (51 total)
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Is there a reason that WRHU doesn't do pre and post games anymore? I'm not sure if the game was on the station today either (i was in attendance and didn't check). I know they carry the game on the ALT station on the app and there are conflicts with the Islanders, but I feel hat the team used to get more support than it does now.

I would much rather have heard a pre game show on the way to the game than the doo-wap that was being played. Just curious if anyone knows why this is.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

That explains why I can't get the postgame show on my WRHU radio app driving home after the game. There IS no postgame show.

However, I can get all of the Italian and Irish music (and hockey) that I can stomach on 88.7 FM.

I wish WRHU would broadcast the coach and players' postgame interviews live.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

My sentiments exactly. After they blew out Delaware WRHU was broadcasting the Islanders I believe but yesterday what was the excuse? There was music playing on the station. I used to enjoy listening to postgame and pre-game as well. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when its on because sometimes they do post game.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Also no locker room on 88.7. Was in y car driving home from Brooklyn there was no islander game so what is going on
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Having a consistent radio presence, including pre/post, can only help develop the fan base- be it on the air or an app. I too, have gone through the same thing. It is too much of an effort and it turns people away. I truly believe fixing this could help draw fans to the building, as well.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Will talk to steve Gorchov and Mike Feelsy about itp
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:Having a consistent radio presence, including pre/post, can only help develop the fan base- be it on the air or an app. I too, have gone through the same thing. It is too much of an effort and it turns people away. I truly believe fixing this could help draw fans to the building, as well.
Totally agree...it's a mystery as to when and if and where we can get any kind of broadcast.

It also hurts with our great supporter Newsday...we NEVER have a listing for our games in the paper...you would NEVER know WHEN we are playing of IF we are playing!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Glad I’m not the only one who was wondering about this.

Agree it would definitely help with support/interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

So I'm doing some work in the house and listening to WFAN...On comes the Islanders game which is done by our very own WRHU, they run Hofstra ads during the broadcast.

At intermission one of the announcers does a sports break and HE INCLUDES EVERY POSSIBLE UPCOMING GAME EXCEPT THE HOFSTRA-ELON BASKETBALL GAME!!!!!!

Totally RIDICULOUS...couple this with the fact that we NEVER have a listing in the local newspapers as to where and when ANYONE could possibly tune in to the game. Today's Newsday as at least 20 college games listed including Stony Brook...BUT NOWHERE IS HOFSTRA TO BE FOUND....SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

But what is that something? It's bad enough when over the years I got tired of the lack of press we were getting for our basketball program and I sent a letter to Newsday complaining how they cover St John's more then us because they're front runners. I get a reply saying no that's not the reason the reason is they have a lot of alumnus on Long Island. But when your own radio station puts you on the back burner whats the reason for that especially considering the kind of year we're having. SAD........
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

triplec2195 wrote:But what is that something? It's bad enough when over the years I got tired of the lack of press we were getting for our basketball program and I sent a letter to Newsday complaining how they cover St John's more then us because they're front runners. I get a reply saying no that's not the reason the reason is they have a lot of alumnus on Long Island. But when your own radio station puts you on the back burner whats the reason for that especially considering the kind of year we're having. SAD........
Somebody is asleep at the wheel or maybe they just don't care.

You can say all you want about lack of resources, etc., but not to take advantage of what we have shameful.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To HUSID74, Do you know if the new AD Cole is aware of this total lack of publicity for the HU programs on their own college station? The lack of Newsday coverage has been well documented, but this is very troubling.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

The Shadow wrote:To HUSID74, Do you know if the new AD Cole is aware of this total lack of publicity for the HU programs on their own college station? The lack of Newsday coverage has been well documented, but this is very troubling.
I plan to mention it the next time I see him.
Polito

Post by Polito »

eh screw nwesday, BUT the radio stuff is flat out shameful