Media Thread

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: Media Thread

Post by stuball888 »

Tanksley is a wing and Ford is a 6f8 small forward. Have you seen Tanksley handle the ball. Quincy Ford is a proven CAA player while Tanksley is a proven MAAC player. Somehow you equate this to Tanksley being heads and shoulders above Ford.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

no, just guys that big don't cover guards
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

tanksley is a wing so technically he is a forward. Green,Nesmith,Bernardi, Gonzo and Robinson are our guards. According to JAM , he will play Kone and Gustys but not for extended minutes. Who else are you going to play at forward freshman Walker will not see more than 10 minutes a game unless Gutstys and Kone get in foul trouble. Only other forward is 6ft6 Nichols. Team has 5 guards and 5 forwards.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

he will play 4 guards. guys dont post up in our offense, so what difference does ot make
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

What about on the other side of the ball.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

right now my guess for the starting lineup day 1 is green, nesmith, robinson, tanksley, kone...but i could see 8 or 9 guys becoming regular starters this year.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Went to practice yesterday and I was impressed with our overall athleticism, team speed and ability to crash the boards and defend the paint, something that surprised me. Green is the real deal he can get his shot off anytime, anywhere, he's very much like Charles without the big body but with more hops...Rokas is a factor inside as is Moussa who has improved his offensive game considerably. As for Tanksley he is a confident outside shooter who can get his shot off against guards as well as big guys...although he did not shoot well last night. Overall I agree that we will play many guys and I think we can out run and wear down many teams. Apparently we have a walk on who appears to be about a 6-1 or 2 guard...looks very athletic so I'm not sure who he is or what the plans are for him. IMO if the Clemson kid, who is VERY tall and lanky and can SHOOT from anywhere was eligible we would be a LOCK for the CAA title, without him I think we are one big guy and an injury short of winning it all but I think once we jell we will be in the HUNT!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Great analysis HUSID80. WE are not a lock but in the hunt. That is all we can ask for.
Polito

Post by Polito »

good stuff SID, really appreciate the insight!

Agreed, in the hunt all the way this yr - not saying anything is a lock till the get on the court and prove against real comp - but the excitement is building! And here's the one thing HU now has that they've NEVER had in the CAA, and rarely ever had in the modern era: TALENTED DEPTH

That to me is the single most important factor in HU's quest for the NCAA's. That has been the difference for the teams that have weathered the conf storm and survived 3-4 straight days of the conf tourney - and of any team in the CAA, HU is the one that has it.

NE and W&M are legit, I do believe that - they have talent in the starting 5 - depth, I'm not so sure about that - I think it falls off significantly. But you can bet those games will be battles, those teams are clearly in the hunt - and I would add that Drexel should be solid as well.

Joeg coming out guns blazing, lol, I love it - I'm not quite there yet as far as running people out of the gym, but I do see this program rising from the ashes and earning their way back to the top where this program belongs
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Good News! SI just ranked teams #351-150 and we ARE NOT ONE OF THEM! I think virtually EVERY CAA team was listed but NOT US. Interestingly they have DELAWARE listed at 10th in the CAA! First to last!!!!! Wow! See for yourselves http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... ams-ranked
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Zach Braziller is picking Juan'ya Green to win the Haggerty Award
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/sta ... 0635790338
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Thats what I'm talkin about. I believe that we will win.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Thanks HUSID - good breakdown of things to look forward to. This is the most excited I've been going into a season in quite some time.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The Sports Illustrated list was updated today with150-51, and we come in at 146th and 1st in the CAA.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I think a realistic goal this year is for us to break into the top 50
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Joe you are talkimg about a 12 seed. Lofty expectations.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Joe is FIRED UP man lol

8-)

LOVING this press, but the time to PROVE it on the court is fast approaching - we'll see how hard this team has worked shortly...

I'm VERY curious to hear any feedback from the 'secret' scrimmages, esp against St Joes - I know it's more of a testing ground, and not all be all pre-season assessment, but would love to get some insight from it...
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

They have us at 146 and SBU at 145. Both first their conference. No way is SBU better this year. Warner is a good big man and Purifoy a decent point but that is it. I think if they picked us first in the CAA it should have been top 100.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Reports are just coming out that Drexel's Major Canady will be out for the season with an ankle injury. They already lost Kazembi Abif for the season.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

BTW They have Fordham at 14th in the A-10 and listed at #253.