Softball Coaching Staff

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Softball Coaching Staff

Post by ProudofPride »

Valparaiso has hired former softball assistant Kate Stake to be their head coach. Does this mean we are now looking to hire two new assistants?
stuball888

Re: Softball Coaching Staff

Post by stuball888 »

Should be interesting. Who larissa will hire. A lot of turnover for our teams. This is a good move for Katie.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Congratulations to Kate. She was one of the winners in the Hofstra Basketball court design contest where each winner won a pair of season tickets to the upcoming men's and women's basketball home games. Guess she won't be using those. I hope Larissa keeps Adrienne Clark on. Although she has been a volunteer assistant for the last 3 years. Right now, there is no coaching staff listed on the Hofstra athletics website.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

One of the hires should be Courtney Crews. She is working for the sports promotion dept and had coaching experience at East Carolina.If Adrienne Clark is not offered bring back Courtney Oliver.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I wonder if Kayla Noonan would be interesting. She stepped down as the head coach at Columbia at the end of the season. Obviously it's not an easy thing to go from being a head coach back to being an assistant, but maybe she'll want to come back to her alma mater.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:One of the hires should be Courtney Crews. She is working for the sports promotion dept and had coaching experience at East Carolina.If Adrienne Clark is not offered bring back Courtney Oliver.
I doubt Courtney would want to give up a solid job in athletic administration for an assistant coaching job.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

I very much doubt that Courtney Oliver will be coming back, I know she just built a house down south. Lots of options out there. Good move for Kate, as well- always good to see when an assistant becomes a head coach somewhere else.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Only Larissa and Adrienne Clarke listed. Clarke as of now a volunteer. That leaves two openings.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Larissa announced her staff today. http://www.gohofstra.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209601765 It would be pretty cool if Bucky Dent comes and watches some HUSB games!
hualum

Post by hualum »

I went to Yankee Fantasy camp in 2013 and Bucky was my manager. I reached out to him when I saw his daughter is a coach. She (and he) is very excited. He is VERY involved in his kids lives so I would not be shocked if he were at a game. He does, however, live in Florida.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Adrienne Clark hired as an assistant at Uconn.