Womens basketball roster

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Womens basketball roster

Post by stuball888 »

Question for those in the know, Why is the roster not up yet on the Hofstra website? According to a previous post Ruth Sherril and Alexis Carter left the team. Is Andriana Thomas still on the team? If those three are not on the team that is 3 players from the heralded recruiting class of a few years ago.
stuball888

Re: Womens basketball roster

Post by stuball888 »

We now only have 7 players on the team now that Andriana Thomas is no longer on the team. We have only 3 freshmen coming in so the team will be very young this year with no seniors and only two juniors. Also 6ft3 Macenzie Kudron is gone.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Is it confirmed that Andreana Thomas is not returning? As far as the incoming freshmen go, I don't know anything about Aleana Leon (from Puerto Rico) Olivia Askin was a 1000 point scorer in high school, and Ashunae Durant was a 2000 point scorer, and is one of the top 100 players in the 2014 class. McKenzie Kudron graduated, but wasn't ever really a factor anyway. For the first semester, Elo Edeferioka will be our only big, but 6-2 transfer from GW Anjaleace White will be eligible for second senester.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Went by the basketball office earlier today. The men have their players on the wall and the womens team only had 7 players and no Andriana Thomas. Looks like it will be a transition year for us.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Womens roster up and its official, no Andrianna Thomas. We do have a 6ft2 transfer from George washington University in Ann White. She has 3 years eligibility. No freshmen listed yet but I believe there will be three. Only Sydnee Epps and Dee Thomas Palmer left of their recruiting class.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888 wrote: Only Sydnee Epps and Dee Thomas Palmer left of their recruiting class.
Don't forget that Asia Jackson is still on the team. She was the most notable player of the prized recruiting class. She's one of several 4 star players on the roster, including Jakelle King-Gilchrist, Elo Edeferioka, and freshman Ashunae Durant, who is the 75th ranked player in the class of 2014, and 15th ranked guard. It'll be a young team, with no seniors.

3 new players just announced, all look like pretty good additions. http://www.gohofstra.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209601610
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Hope you are right PoP. Actually was more impressed with Luciano and kelly Loftus and Elo than that heralded class. They contributed right away as freshmen. Now this class coming looks to address our needs. Darius Falk is a 5ft8 guard transferring from West Virginia. Stephanie Oramas is a 5ft5 guard who is a true freshman. There is also Sandra Dongmo a 6ft4 transfer from ASA college. She adds needed height to our front court and will give Elo some needed support. Hopefully this team will jell in time for conference play.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

How many scholarshipped players are women's teams allowed to have? As of today, there are 14 players listed on the roster, including the three previously announced freshmen and the three new players announced today. With no seniors and barring any transfers, we might not even have room for new freshmen next year, so we could have the exact same team for two years in a row.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I could be wrong but I think it is 13. Someone might redshirt or a transfer may have to sit out a year. Maybe its 13 for the mens team and 15 for the womens team. I really dont know. Either way I think the team finally has the depth it needs at all the positions. Coach Krista just has to fit all the pieces together.