Practice and coach Mihalich

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Practice and coach Mihalich

Post by stuball888 »

Spoke with coach today and made a suggestion he seemed to like. An open practice at the new practice facility with a "meet the team" scheme. Each player will give a brief summary about themselves with a question and answer session after a quick practice. Gives us a chance to get to know the players.
cactus
Site Admin

Re: Practice and coach Mihalich

Post by cactus »

I like it, I would attend that
LaxPhan

Post by LaxPhan »

Any forecasts on how the Pride Men's Basketball team will fair this season? I caught a number of games last season and I am optimistic Coach Mihalich is the right man and will get the team where it needs to be. I understood that he had some transfer's that had to sit the season out per NCAA rule and that a strong freshman was coming in. Sounded very promising.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I see this team winning anywhere from 18 to 22 games. Transfer Juanye Green is probably on par with Marcus Thorton and should be a first team CAA player. Ameen tanksley is listed anywhere from 6ft5 to 6ft6 and can play the 2/3 or even the 4 if we go small. Tough as nails and plays much bigger than his size. Bernardi the transfer from SMU is a "form shooter" and hopefully will remind us of Antoine Agudio. Has worked on his full game and can drive to the basket and finish. Ibraham a 6ft10 transfer from Clemson is a one year transfer who can give us quality minutes while freshmen Walker and Gustys develop. Gustys is that 6ft9 245 freshman from Oak Hill Acadamy who can develop into a very special post player here. All good stuff for the coming year
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Ibrahim Djambo has to sit out this year, but will have one year of eligibility in 2015-16. Gustys and Walker will have to be thrown into the mix right away, but I think we should be ok. Coach Mihalich said that Gustys is physically ready right now, and Walker is a lot better off than we think. Plus we still have Kone for this year.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Stopped by practice yesterday and the word is that Malik Nichols and Eilel Gonzalez are the surprises thus far...both far better than may have been expected. This team will be tough to defend with so many scorers and options. key will be the development of the new big men. If they can progress nicely we will be a huge factor come CAA playoffs.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

HUSID80 are practices open to the public.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Teams are not allowed to practice in the summer. Are you taking about "open gym," the informal pick-up games that players have?
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Players are finished till they come back to class in the fall.