W&M @ Hofstra 2/15

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: W&M @ Hofstra 2/15

Post by EvanJ »

Wags wrote: - Charleston won't lose. Do we root for them to run the rest of the reg. season table so they're due for an early tourney exit?
I'm rooting for them because I want the CAA champion to get as good a seed as possible and they can help us by winning at William & Mary. If William & Mary goes 2-1 with a loss at Charleston, Hofstra could go 2-1 and win the tiebreaker as long as Towson doesn't fall behind UNCW or Elon.
Wags wrote: Evan - do you know what Rok's season/career highs are on the offensive glass? Did he get either or both with the 8 tonight?
Here are his most offensive rebounds each season:

2014-2015: 7
2015-2016: 9 (at UNCW on February 25)
2016-2017: 7
2017-2018: 12 (at Siena on November 25)

8 is tied for the third most in his career.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Knew this game was going to be close, HU just typically doesn't hold big leads with their defense, but as I said you take any and every win and run!

Beating that team will never dull 8-)

Great to see Ray get back to making an impact, hopefully broke through the little frosh slump

Eli baby - exciting and formidable when he and JFW are a legit 1-2 punch - and when Rok is on with them it's powerful - man deserves kudos for a 20+ double-double

Sure hope this staff has a plan to take over Roks role... team is spoiled with his rebounding and will be in for a shock next yr when they have to do it themselves.

Buie is VITAL - when he plays well the entire team plays well

Welp, 3 games left!! Crazy :shock: one word: FINISH
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

At the pre game chalk talk I asked coach Lamar Barrett about recruiting. He said they are well aware of the need for two bigs and a point and that the staff has been everywhere recently; Florida, North Carolina, etc. He said there are visits planned but all the recruits are still playing so it won't be for awhile.

Also, for those of you who care, Angus re-injured his hip...an injury from last year and he did not even dress last night.
Polito

Post by Polito »

agh man that stinks for him, prayers for a quick full recovery - any sense of how long? Out for the year, or potentially back for the CAAT?

As far as recruiting, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt as they have 'hit' more than they have 'missed' IMO - I hate their timing, but I will not complain about the talent.

PG offers are strong, but we heard the same thing last year - the staff was "well aware" of the PG need, and then... they need to redeem themselves a bit with this class, show me the money staff.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Gustys is 53 rebounds behind David Robinson's CAA record. At his season average, if Hofstra wins their first CAA Tournament game he would break the record in the Semifinals on national TV.
Wags

Post by Wags »

EvanJ wrote:Gustys is 53 rebounds behind David Robinson's CAA record. At his season average, if Hofstra wins their first CAA Tournament game he would break the record in the Semifinals on national TV.
And The Admiral himself, is taking note:
https://twitter.com/DavidtheAdmiral/sta ... 6057733120
HUclassof19

Post by HUclassof19 »

Wags wrote:
EvanJ wrote:Gustys is 53 rebounds behind David Robinson's CAA record. At his season average, if Hofstra wins their first CAA Tournament game he would break the record in the Semifinals on national TV.
And The Admiral himself, is taking note:
https://twitter.com/DavidtheAdmiral/sta ... 6057733120
WOW. that's dope! really cool.