JWF

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion

Re: JWF

Postby stuball888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 am

last nights game attendance was listed as 1,524.
stuball888
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

Re: JWF

Postby triplec2195 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am

stuball888 wrote:last nights game attendance was listed as 1,524.


Accurate Stu?? IMO a big plus bringing h.s. bands in here adding to the excitement and noise factor!
triplec2195
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 am

Re: JWF

Postby stuball888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:30 am

The university has to think out of the box. How about a corporate night. Invite two large companies to the games. Years ago I coached Sperry Rand in an industrial league basketball. So let’s see which companies have basketball teams and maybe they can play a 10 minute game at halftime
stuball888
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

Re: JWF

Postby stuball888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:32 am

Triple those are the numbers in the box score in the Hofstra website
stuball888
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

Re: JWF

Postby triplec2195 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 am

I know Stu just wondering how they derive at those numbers? R they using all the kids from Freeport in that count??
triplec2195
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 am

Re: JWF

Postby stuball888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 am

Don’t know. Maybe Steve Gorchov or Mike Neely can answer that question
stuball888
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

Re: JWF

Postby HUSID74 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Its an actual turnstile count. If the Freeport kids were scanned coming in they would be counted.
HUSID74
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:46 am

Re: JWF

Postby EvanJ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Hofstra wrote:Thats a good find Ev.. That was my student section in the prime years.. In Guards We Trust, If you can't see, STAND UP.. Man, those were the days. Actually, if you walk the lobby area, we are all pictured in that picture of the students. Up close shots. We had an awesome time those few years.. Graduated in 07, and look what happened to the attendance, coincidence? Who knows. Maybe I was the catalyst though?

I graduated in 2007 also. I had a 4.00 GPA in Spring 2006 when Hofstra beat George Mason twice and got snubbed.

Here's Hofstra's record and attendance going farther back (the America East website has statistics going back 7 more seasons than the CAA):

1998-1999: 22-10, 1,765
1999-2000: 24-7, 2,987
2000-2001: 26-5, 2,985 (last America East season)
2001-2002: 12-20, 2,555
2002-2003: 8-21, 2,011
2003-2004: 14-15, 2,126
2004-2005: 21-9, 2,352
EvanJ
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: JWF

Postby daHUPride » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 am

daHUPride
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am

Re: JWF

Postby HUSID74 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 am



Good story...at least the world is starting to notice.
HUSID74
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:46 am

Re: JWF

Postby HUclassof19 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm



great story!
HUclassof19
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: JWF

Postby ProudofPride » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Getting some nice attention from Sports Illustrated now

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... twitter_si
ProudofPride
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: JWF

Postby HUSID74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 pm

National attention! Nice!
HUSID74
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:46 am

Re: JWF

Postby triplec2195 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 pm

ProudofPride wrote:Getting some nice attention from Sports Illustrated now

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... twitter_si


Nice article let's keep the ball rolling!
triplec2195
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 am

Re: JWF

Postby ProudofPride » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 pm

ProudofPride
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: JWF

Postby Hofstra » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Thats really cool, and well deserved.. Proud of Justin..
Hofstra
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Re: JWF

Postby Polito » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

Like I said, this kid is putting HU hoops back on the map, and he alone is worth watching the team.

Will be an absolute travesty if this staff can't capitalize like w/Green... and basically every staff with other studs outside of Speedy. This opportunity needs to be taken. Door is open, MUST CLOSE - NCAAT or bust.
Polito
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:42 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: JWF

Postby EvanJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:23 pm

He's scored 637, and could finish with the second most by a Hofstra player, which is 776 by Steve Nisenson in 1963-1964. Bill Thieben's record of 908 in 1976-1977 won't get broken. The most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 746 by Jenkins in 2010-2011. The second most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 706 by Claxton in 1999-2000, the third most is 702 by Jenkins in 2009-2010, and the fourth most (Hofstra lists the Top 10 and that is tenth among all seasons) is 655 by Upshaw in 2013-2014.
EvanJ
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: JWF

Postby HUSID74 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

EvanJ wrote:He's scored 637, and could finish with the second most by a Hofstra player, which is 776 by Steve Nisenson in 1963-1964. Bill Thieben's record of 908 in 1976-1977 won't get broken. The most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 746 by Jenkins in 2010-2011. The second most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 706 by Claxton in 1999-2000, the third most is 702 by Jenkins in 2009-2010, and the fourth most (Hofstra lists the Top 10 and that is tenth among all seasons) is 655 by Upshaw in 2013-2014.


Evan you said Thieben in 76-77????? You sure you're not talking about Richie Laurel???? I know he averaged OVER 30 PPG that year!
HUSID74
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:46 am

Re: JWF

Postby joeg1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 pm

HUSID74 wrote:
EvanJ wrote:He's scored 637, and could finish with the second most by a Hofstra player, which is 776 by Steve Nisenson in 1963-1964. Bill Thieben's record of 908 in 1976-1977 won't get broken. The most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 746 by Jenkins in 2010-2011. The second most by a Hofstra player since Thieben is 706 by Claxton in 1999-2000, the third most is 702 by Jenkins in 2009-2010, and the fourth most (Hofstra lists the Top 10 and that is tenth among all seasons) is 655 by Upshaw in 2013-2014.


Evan you said Thieben in 76-77????? You sure you're not talking about Richie Laurel???? I know he averaged OVER 30 PPG that year!


Thieben played in the 50s, before we were D1.....FAKE NEWS!
joeg1
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Hofstra Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests