Hofstra's Out Of Conference Opponents

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Hofstra's Out Of Conference Opponents

Post by EvanJ »

Dayton made 17 out of 32 three-pointers in a 106-79 win over VCU. Darrell Davis had 28 points, only missed 1 shot, and had 9 assists, but he didn't lead his team in assists because Jalen Crutcher had 10. Those two players had only 5 assists combined against Hofstra. It was the fourth time this season that teammates had at least 9 assists, and two of the times were against non-Division I teams.

The last two Hofstra out of conference opponents to lose had comebacks fall short in 78-77 losses. Last night North Carolina State was up 3 with the ball with 1.3 seconds left, and had an unusual turnover when the inbounder threw a bounce pass that landed out of bounds. North Carolina State called timeout to ice a free throw shooter on Clemson who got fouled in the act of shooting a 3 while down 3. He made 2 free throws with 0.2 seconds left and missed after the timeout. Tonight Niagara made 2 free throws with 2:45 left to go up 11. Monmouth got the ball down 78-77 with 9 seconds left and had a turnover.
Cards

Re: Hofstra's Out Of Conference Opponents

Post by Cards »

based on RPI, the quality of our in and out of conf schedules are very high this year. As of today we have played 3 teams in the TOP 10 RPI. Has that ever happened before??
We have also played 4 teams in the 50-100 RPI. That's almost half our schedule against top 100 teams. I like it.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Auburn came back from down 13 with 18 minutes left to win 76-68 at Mississippi State. Clemson was down 7 early in their win over Miami. Villanova is 3rd in the RPI, Clemson is 4th, and Auburn is 6th.
Polito

Post by Polito »

And even though I still maintain HU should've been able to win 2 in the Charleston tourney at that stage of the year, I will state here that Clemson and Auburn are very good teams having very good years. Both have become tough outs.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Here's how our out of conference opponents did today:

Won (3): Kennesaw State (scored with 2 seconds left to win 81-80 after being down 11 with 11 minutes left), Auburn, and Monmouth
Lost (4): Army, Dayton, Stony Brook, and Manhattan
Did not play (4): Clemson, Villanova, Siena, and Rider
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Kennesaw State tried to come back at New Jersey Institute of Technology but missed a three-pointer at the buzzer than would have tied it.

Siena won 59-57 in triple overtime hosting St. Peter's. Despite going triple overtime, the game was 11 points under the over/under. The teams combined to have a .294 field goal percentage, including .273 for Siena. From 2010-2011 through before today, teams were 14-725 (.019) when having a field goal percentage and three-point field goal percentage at least as bad as Siena had today. That excludes non-Division I teams losing to Division I teams.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Stony Brook lost their fourth consecutive game, and they have been by 16 points combined.

Edit: Army blew an 18 point lead at Bucknell. In overtime, Bucknell had a 4 point play and Army scored 3 points.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Ugly...............
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Siena won 82-78 in overtime hosting Iona. Siena was 7.5 point underdogs. I watched the end on ESPN3 not knowing it was on SNY. I'm surprised I could watch on ESPN3 because I thought games on regional sports networks would be blacked out.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Wish the CAA had an ESPN 3 deal. Much better than relying on school feeds. Even the AEAst has games on ESPN 3
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Stony Brook lost at Binghamton. Kennesaw State, who is 285th in the RPI, won their fourth consecutive game by winning 97-93 at Florida Gulf Coast. Before yesterday, six teams were undefeated in their conference, and Florida Gulf Coast was one of four of them to lose. Cincinnati, New Mexico State, and Montana also got their first conference losses. Rhode Island and Vermont are undefeated in their conferences.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

In the MAAC Quarterfinals, 1 seed Rider did not score after the last first half media timeout, and they trail 9 seed Saint Peter's 27-25 at halftime. In the RPI, Rider is 62nd and Saint Peter's is 259th.

Edit: Saint Peter's won 66-55.