UNC Wilmington Has Their Athletes Thank Donors

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

UNC Wilmington Has Their Athletes Thank Donors

Post by EvanJ »

UNC Wilmington has their athletes make thank you calls to donors. Would it help donations if Pride Club members got that?
HofstraMathew

Re: UNC Wilmington Has Their Athletes Thank Donors

Post by HofstraMathew »

EvanJ wrote:UNC Wilmington has their athletes make thank you calls to donors. Would it help donations if Pride Club members got that?
I am donating the same amount no matter who calls. Although the personally signed letters, holiday cards and e-mails from Coach are a nice touch. I mean i'd definitely appreciate a call but don't think it would affect my donation amount.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

EvanJ wrote:UNC Wilmington has their athletes make thank you calls to donors. Would it help donations if Pride Club members got that?
No, in fact I hope they wouldn't do that.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

The team and coaches held a thank-you donor breakfast, meet around and open practice right before the holidays...was nice to have the players introduce themselves and answer a few questions...much better than a phone call.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Personally, I think the student-athletes have enough commitments, and it's not necessary. Their success is thanks enough for me.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

So long as we can talk to the athletes after the game thanking us is not necessary .When I see ex-players at the games. I thank them for their effort and memories they have provided me