CAA Teams Are Far Off in the RPI and Sagarin

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

CAA Teams Are Far Off in the RPI and Sagarin

Post by EvanJ »

The CAA teams are an average of 51.4 spots apart in the RPI and Sagarin. I compared the CAA to the West Coast Conference, which has the same amount of teams and is close to the CAA in the RPI and Sagarin. The West Coast Conference teams are an average of 30.6 spots apart in the RPI and Sagarin. If you take the top RPI team in each conference and look at how many spots apart that team is in the RPI and Sagarin, William & Mary's gap of 116 spots is the third biggest behind a 123 spot gap for Lipscomb and a 181 spot gap for Savannah State. I looked at the same team in both rankings regardless of whether or not that team was the top team in its conference in both rankings. The average gap was 38.1 spots, which is just under a third of 116.
Cards

Re: CAA Teams Are Far Off in the RPI and Sagarin

Post by Cards »

RPI for HU is really helped by good play of our OOC opponents. Villanova is ranked 7th, Clemson is 10th, and Auburn is 15. I cant recall HU ever playing 3 top 15 teams in one season.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

And hurt by our losses to Siena and Manhattan.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

What could have been if we beat Siena and Manhattan
Cards

Post by Cards »

Cards wrote:RPI for HU is really helped by good play of our OOC opponents. Villanova is ranked 7th, Clemson is 10th, and Auburn is 15. I cant recall HU ever playing 3 top 15 teams in one season.
Latest update - We have now played three top ten RPI ranked teams. Villanova - 3, Clemson - 6, Auburn 9