Game 13 - at William & Mary

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
EvanJ

Re: Game 13 - at William & Mary

Post by EvanJ »

Captain wrote: This is a William and Mary team that lost a ton of important players from last year. Daniel Dixon, Jack Whitman. The great shooter from Kentucky whose name eludes me and another shooter in Malinowski. That is a boatload of points. (Evan?) A loss here is not a good omen for the season. Let's get Caa play off on a great note with a couple of road wins in tough places! 'Nuff said.
The guy from Kentucky is Omar Prewitt. William & Mary has 36.2% of their points from last season. That's less than us after Green, Tanksley, Koon, and Nichols graduated.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Didn’t seem to affect them much. This WAnd M team can put points up on the board in bunches
Captain

Post by Captain »

Nice Joeg! I like it!
Captain

Post by Captain »

EvanJ wrote:
Captain wrote: This is a William and Mary team that lost a ton of important players from last year. Daniel Dixon, Jack Whitman. The great shooter from Kentucky whose name eludes me and another shooter in Malinowski. That is a boatload of points. (Evan?) A loss here is not a good omen for the season. Let's get Caa play off on a great note with a couple of road wins in tough places! 'Nuff said.
The guy from Kentucky is Omar Prewitt. William & Mary has 36.2% of their points from last season. That's less than us after Green, Tanksley, Koon, and Nichols graduated.
So WandM lost 65% of last year's scoring! So they have reloaded well, but are still a team on the remake. I want evperience and upperclassmen to step up. Too much to ask??
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

joeg1 wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:Captain don't kid yourself
Because then you would be "Captain Kid" !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GGOD ONE!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

HofstraMathew wrote:
Jojogunne wrote:Isn’t the game on Saturday?
You are right. Got my days mixed up.
No problem. I didn't want to miss the game.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/wand ... Type=video has video.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=190377 has statistics. Hofstra is starting their usual five. William & Mary is starting Matt Milon (guard), Connor Burchfield (guard), Nathan Knight (center), Justin Pierce (forward), and David Cohn (guard). http://static.caasports.com/custompages ... m#team.ind has William & Mary's statistics.
http://defiantlydutch.blogspot.com/ hasn't posted a preview.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Tech foul and personal foul on Gustys on the same play. I see we have the cream of the crop officials here today.
And besides that, of course the team looks lost as well. The nerds are shooting 60% from the field.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

So RG gets a T for clapping his hands?
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

At halftime, W&M’s new AD announced that starting next year they will be offering COA for men’s and women’s basketball. Yet another conference school that we’re falling behind.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I don’t think we could’ve had a worse last 30 seconds...
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

No words. What a joke.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

ProudofPride, What is a COA you referenced that W&M will have next year?
Last edited by The Shadow on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

No comment.. See thread of last years games. Same crap
Cards

Post by Cards »

The Shadow wrote:Proud of Pride, What is a COA that you referenced that W&M have next year?
I think its Cost of Attendance - meaning everyone is on full scholarship
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Before the game I think Nathan Knight was their best player, and he held on to the lead with his 8th blocked shot. That was the first time since at least 2010-2011 that player on or against Hofstra had at least 8 blocked shots. It was a one-possession game for the last 12:58.
Cards

Post by Cards »

We have one guy (JWF) who has the confidence and ability to score when we need pts.
Don't know what is up with EP - he has ben off his game all year.

Like I said a week ago, this team can win or lose any game. Zero consistency!

With Nathan Knight tearing us apart, how come there was no effort to pass inside to try and get him in foul trouble. If its not a pick beyond the arc, a put-back or a pick and roll, JM doesn't even have our 5s involved in the offense. As a matter of fact, doesn't seem like JM has anyone other than JWF involved in the offense. Just pass it around the perimeter until someone goes one on one - most of the time its Justin.

If not for the horrible inbound pass with 30 seconds left, we probably would have won this game. If not for the burchfeild guy hitting 2 3s in the last 20 seconds, we would have won this game. Just awful playing by HU the last 30 seconds. But even if we won, we did not look like a team on offense. Sorry, but thats how I see it. Zero consistency

The only bright spot is that this was another game confirming that JWF is very, very talented. Wish we had more bright spots. Year 5 - integrity of HU MBB has been restored. Quality and success of HU MBB does not seem to have moved much, certainly not to a new level. I had hoped for so much more.
Last edited by Cards on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Nice choke job - All they needed was a successful inbounds pass and some decent foul shooting. Takes unique talent to be up 3 with the ball and less than 30 secs remaining and lose by 3! Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
So many things wrong in a 30 second span it was scary! A bad pass, a 3, JWF shooting when he should have held ball for last shot, an open 3 when that's what "beats you". Wormley taking a contested layup (Knight only blocked 8 shots) when a dish gives them a layup. UGH - Good thing I root for Michigan St also :D
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

breaking down the game
We shoot 47.1% from the field and we lose. WHY?
we shot only 5-18 from the trey 27.8%
we had 32 FGs but only 11 assists. too much one on one. this offense is stagnent except for JWF
In comparison W&M shot 53.4% from the field and 53.3% from trey we offered no resistance
they had 31 FGs and 21 Assists mean they moved the ball around on offense and they actually have plays that they run
End of game we had no legs and our guards were not mentally sharp.
my conclusion is if we dont hit our treys we lose the game. Very inconsistant
Does anyone see this pattern changing?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok guys we were not favored in this game...we were down 13 and came back to have the lead with what 30 seconds left?

Very disappointing end to this one with that HORRIBLE in bounds pass....otherwise we win what is a tough road game.. And get ready for another tough one Tuesday at Northeastern...we could be 7-7 before we Wright the ship....and speaking of Villanova...they lost on the road at Butler...