Game 11 - Manhattan (at Adelphi)

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: Game 11 - Manhattan (at Adelphi)

Post by triplec2195 »

Dooku25 wrote:I sat court side for this game and IMO we win this game at the Mack. We struggled all night shooting the ball, had at least 5 shots rim out. This might happen a few times every game, but it just felt like it happened too often last night.

Bottom line is Manhattan wanted this game more than us. They played with intensity for all 40 minutes while we were just going through the motions. At least that's how it looked. It was an ugly game, just the way Manhattan probably wanted it.

The last few minutes was crazy and Manhattan did everything they could to let us back in. JWF had a poor last 2 possessions, rushing a 3 unnecessarily and then throwing the ball away off a double team. Not going to knock our best player though, he's been tremendous so far. More concerned with Eli, maybe playing though a minor injury? He's not being aggressive at all out there.

Overall this was a bad game for us, and we should never lose to a team with less talent than us. Can't really take any positives out of this one.. It also killed our RPI. We dropped 40 spots..
I have to say some spot on comments that I forgot to mention but other then one air ball horrible shot by JWF he put up some good shots that did rim in and out and he wasn't alone. It's the game of basketball and u take the good with the bad. People will be quick to judge JWF but a very talented player and exciting to watch. When was the last time you saw a 6' 1" player with a put back JAM. A very impressive player that needs help around him. This guy doesn't walk on water and he feels like it's on him to take over offensively at least that's my take and all their opponents key on him. The comment about losing to a team with less talent is questionable IMO!
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

I’m disgusted. I can’t help it. I want to be reasonable and see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just can’t.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Im pretty negative, but I respect the crap out of Flying Dutchman and his posts. He is well versed with Hofstra Basketball, and I agree with the negative stuff. The boards have been sub-par as of late. A place to vent, and nothing more has come from it. CAAZONE was a great place, I will try and be less negative myself, after this post. Wormley man, what the heck?? He was pitiful last night.. Hunter couldn't finish a shot for the life of him, and Eli was lost out there.. We need more production from these dudes.. Wormley in particular, he was horrid.

Lets go out tomorrow night and put on a good show, aka cover the spread..

Also, Hofstra Athletics did a phenomenal job with the Pride Lounge tomorrow, really made us feel at home.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I am also worried about Eli...he has not Ben himself to the last couple of games. We desperately need him to be a strong scorer to compliment JWF. Without him, we'll have too many games like last night.
garyg

Post by garyg »

What do you think is wrong with Eli ?? Earlier in season he looked like he was really developing into something special
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

EP started out last year gang busters and it appeared he was a shoe in to be the CAA rookie of the year and then he cooled off big time but still played well. I think he's playing with an ankle injury and nobody is really talking about it. IMO his persona on the court looked off in this game and maybe he was just under the weather??
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

triplec2195 wrote:EP started out last year gang busters and it appeared he was a shoe in to be the CAA rookie of the year and then he cooled off big time but still played well. I think he's playing with an ankle injury and nobody is really talking about it. IMO his persona on the court looked off in this game and maybe he was just under the weather??
He wasn't much of a factor in the Stony Brook game either...let's hope he's back on track tonight...we'll need all hands on deck!