Game 10 - Stony Brook

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Cards

Re: Game 10 - Stony Brook

Post by Cards »

looks like you can now purchase tickets for this game on the Stony Brook website. In an effort to try and loosely keep HU fans together, are people generally in sections 111 - 112?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Cards wrote:looks like you can now purchase tickets for this game on the Stony Brook website. In an effort to try and loosely keep HU fans together, are people generally in sections 111 - 112?
The original Hofstra section was 104. Those were to be purchased through our ticket office. Unfortunately, I just found out the deadline was yesterday, so those are now unavailable. How/where did everybody else get there tix? 111-112? Any other sections anybody was thinking of?
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I still have 2 in section 111 see my previous post
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Ok my extra tix are gone...but CRICKETS For this thread...the battle of Long Island...Ok let's hear some predictions all you experts.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

Don't know much about stonybrook but hoping we get a win.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

About to call you John Could not make it anyway. Not getting out of work till 8pm tomorrow.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Stony Brook much more athletic since we played them last year. They have bigs (forwards) who can step out and hit the trey. They rebound well and like to drive to the basket. they can get careless with the rock. We need to limit our turnovers and get off to fast start. Dont let the crowd get into the game. This game should be decided by 10 points or less.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

stuball888 wrote:About to call you John Could not make it anyway. Not getting out of work till 8pm tomorrow.
We will miss you Stu, Ken Rood and legendary coach Gus Alfieri using the tix...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the offer HUSID74! Decided to wait it out and see if the "official" Hofstra section (104) tix were going to be re-released. They were. Just got some on the SBU ticket website. Still a couple left in that section if anybody is looking to sit there.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Jordan wrote:Thanks for the offer HUSID74! Decided to wait it out and see if the "official" Hofstra section (104) tix were going to be re-released. They were. Just got some on the SBU ticket website. Still a couple left in that section if anybody is looking to sit there.
Cool, I'm going to get some in 104 as well. Bringing the fam and meeting Dooku there.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Late meeting tonight, so won't be able to attend, but my stance for this game will be the same all year:

JUST WIN

Any way, any how.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://sidearmstats.com/stonybrook/mbball/ has statistics. Hofstra is stating Wormley, Wright-Foreman, Pemberton, Gustys, and Angus III. Stony Brook is starting Jaron Cornish (guard), Junior Saintel (forward), Tyrell Sturdivant (forward), Akwasi Yeboah (forward), and Bryan Sekunda (guard). http://americaeast_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/stats/mbball/2017-18/stony.htm#team.ind has Stony Brook's statistics. UC Iroegbu (9 starts), Elijah Olaniyi, Jordan McKenzie (9 starts), Jakub Petras, and Michael Almonacy are their other regular players. They have used 13 players of whom 10 play regularly. They have 7 players with 17 to 27 assists.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

18-18,under 12 timeout.. Hofstra looks good so far.. Defensively, they are forcing a few bad turnovers for SBU.. Got some touches to Rok early.. Hunter Sabety scored, shoutout to Mike34.. Team just looks good so far.. Hope we continue.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Very happy with the effort in the first half..

Back pat to me obviously for getting Hunter Sabety playing well. Most likely read the board, or Mike told him what I had said, so yea, vis a vi he is ballin out tonight due to criticisms. Great half from him.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

24 minutes into the game, 24 fouls called.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

The ESPN3 announcers sound like they're rooting for SBU.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

I'm not sure if i've ever seen 3 point shooters for each team get fouled consecutively and have all 6 free throws be made.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Really great win. JWF was on another level tonight.

HUNTER PLAYED REALLY WELL.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Jojogunne wrote: The ESPN3 announcers sound like they're rooting for SBU.
Maybe they were. The game was on ESPN3 because games at America East teams are on ESPN3. It's just like if we went to Michigan and the Big Ten Network announcers were rooting for Michigan. My complaint was when Carl Reuter talked about high school basketball and other stuff unrelated to the game.

Hofstra missed their last 4 free throws. Stony Brook missed their final shot allowing Hofstra to win 84-81. Wright-Foreman scored 33 and Buie scored 19 and had 4 steals. Those were the only Hofstra players to score double-digits. Sabety, who made all 4 of his field goals and 1 out of 2 free throws, and Wormley, who missed his last 2 free throws, scored 9 each. Pemberton made 2 out of 9 field goals and scored 7. Gustys and Sabety tied for the team lead with 7 rebounds. Wright-Foreman led us with 3 assists. Our 10/17 assist/turnover ratio was our second worst of the season, and our worst was our previous game. It's the first time Hofstra had more turnovers than assists in consecutive games since five games in February 2016, when Hofstra lost in overtime and won the next four. Hofstra has won 4 of their last 5 games when they had 10 or fewer assists. The five starters, Buie, Ray, and Sabety played at least 14 minutes. Ray missed all 5 of his field goals and didn't score. Hofstra shot field goals a little better and Stony Brook shot free throws a little better. Hofstra had 10 more rebounds. It's the first time Hofstra had a +10 or better rebound differential against at least two consecutive Division I teams since against South Dakota on November 23, 2016 and Columbia on November 29, 2016. In between those games we played Medaille and also had that a good a rebound differential.