Game 2 vs. Kennesaw State

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: Game 2 vs. Kennesaw State

Post by stuball888 »

I️ know this is for another thread but what’s up with the scoreboard. This your premier program and we have a scoreboard that is not fully functional. Reminds me of the scoreboard at Shuart stadium. The number were so bad it looked like brail this is not acceptable
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID74 wrote:Al Skinner went to Malverne HS, played for the Nets and coached at Boston College. He was a HS teammate of Hofstra great Bernard Tomlin...good coach!
Mo Cassara was also an assistant to Skinner at BC for four years.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

stuball888 wrote:I️ know this is for another thread but what’s up with the scoreboard. This your premier program and we have a scoreboard that is not fully functional. Reminds me of the scoreboard at Shuart stadium. The number were so bad it looked like brail this is not acceptable

The scoreboard is almost to the point of embarrassing. There’s a chunk of pixels on the side that faces the student section that hasn’t worked since before I started in fall of 2011. It just shows up as green block, and obstructs anything the scoreboard is showing. We have a beautiful arena, the scoreboard should match it.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

A lot of positives, especially the newcomers. Team is still finding its way- a lot of experimentation. Defense looks appreciably better. PG play will improve...both Wormley and Buie need to get their feet under them. I believe Buie will emerge as the starter. Dayton is a legit A10 team, so Thursday will be a test as to where we're really at.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Great game last night. Seems like everyone improved from Friday's game for sure.

Sabety really got the crowd going last night; his performance was awesome. Looking forward to seeing that excitement more often.
Polito

Post by Polito »

We may have something brewing here folks... lot to like from this past game, and I am also encouraged and excited for what's to come - this team should get better and better every game, and feels like they have a high ceiling

Having 9-10 game ready guys can be a major difference maker this season

Def too many TO's but I actually attribute a number of them to the team working hard to finally distribute the ball, something completely missing last yr - they just got a bit tripped up doing so - very correctable as they get settled in with each other - I won't be complaining about them looking to pass the ball more, pretty thrilled to see it happening! They look much better, and much more like a team.

Rok played much stronger, and can still do even more - agree with you guys and JM, he was one guy who kicked out way too much and some of those forced kickouts ended badly - he was dominating, should've recognized that, and taken the opps - but a better game for sure

PG's are looking like they can lead this team in a combined effort - Wormley did some nice things, and I really like Buie

The opponents certainly haven't been upper tier yet, but they weren't last year either and this team is playing noticeably better more agressive/tenacious D - this is HUGE - keep it up please!

I dig me some Angus man, fella adds the perfect compliment - strong, athletic, very good rebounder, can shoot, hit FT's, handle the rock, and play D - would love another inch in height, but from what I see so far he's exactly what the 4 spot ordered

Rad again will be streaky, but love that he brings length and seems very active

Pemba had some flashes in this game of why his recruitment carried so much excitement - he has got what it takes to be an impact star

Best part? JWF had a very pedestrian game and they still blew 'em out by nearly 20. So in the first 2 games the 2 top players each had a very avg performance and the team won both anyway - great sign.

Let's step up the stakes and the play now, and go earn a W against the Flyers!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

stuball888 wrote:I️ know this is for another thread but what’s up with the scoreboard. This your premier program and we have a scoreboard that is not fully functional. Reminds me of the scoreboard at Shuart stadium. The number were so bad it looked like brail this is not acceptable
no less than 15 people asked hathaway about it in the pride lounge. i said he should start responding that the little people up there moving the numbers around went on strike.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I've also emailed - it needs to be fixed, the season is in full swing.

What was his response, any ETA on the fix?
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Polito wrote:I've also emailed - it needs to be fixed, the season is in full swing.

What was his response, any ETA on the fix?
Who do you email? I want to do so as well.

Not having that info during the game is ridiculous. Tracking fouls, seeing who is racking up numbers for the opponents, etc. It's taking away from enjoying the games a bit. I was forced to watch the live stats on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cards

Post by Cards »

yes - who is the best person or persons to email?? As poor as the scoreboard is, I miss it now that its non functional. I too watched stats on my phone :(
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

The scoreboard is horrible, a throwback to the old days (70's) of the Coliseum....it will take money, something like $400k to replace and no one is funding it.

Find a big donor who can splash his/her name on it and we'll get a new one!
Cards

Post by Cards »

I just emailed ryan.watson@hofstra.edu He is assistant director of athletics/facilities and events.
He quickly responded that they are well aware of the issue and have sent the faulty parts out to Daktronics. They hope to have it working again by next home game.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

The next men's home game is 11-30 against Molloy. The Manhattan game on December 20th is at Adelphi. Let's hope by the CAA schedule in January the scoreboard is working.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

They had all summer to check the scoreboard, etc.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

in the postgame joe mentioned the team was somewhat sloppy.

i'm glad he noticed, because i agree, and they'll need to fix it to have a shot against dayton tomorrow.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Hofstra should invest in some LCD scoreboards that can show replays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Kennesaw State is in the news. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/power-knee ... 10819.html is titled "Power of kneeling Kennesaw State cheerleaders revealed in president's resignation."